Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get back in the saddle. Now that I'm a father (scary, I know!), I need an option for a child seat carrying 2+2. I loved my Mondial as far as fun to drive cars but the FI'd 3L just didn't compare to the 77 GTB's pure carburetion.

I hear nothing but fantastic things about the GT4s and am impressed with, obviously, Peter's and what he's done with his; nice job, Peter!

I'm afraid to admit it here, but I've been looking at 928s since you do have a sizeable V-8 in front of you if you get smacked and, of course, the 2+2 option. The 911's "2+2" is just to cramped for a seat whereas the 928's may not be.

My question (after all this): Is there enough room in a GT4 for a kiddy carrier? I would greatly appreciate anyone who would buy a car seat, install it in their GT4, take pictures and post them here! Is that too much to ask?!? :green:

Thanks for letting me ramble.

"Four"za.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete,

You know what? You're right. Of course, there just has to be a couple of very nice GT4's on eBay right now. The others I've seen around (FerrariClassifieds.com, Autotrader.com, etc.) have been priced way too high; mid to high $20s. Fine if they're concours condition but these just weren't.

Yes! Do as Pete says! Show and tell please!! :lol:

F(our)za.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrew,

$40K is too much for this kid! I'm looking for the F-car that can handle the family unit; wife, kid and I together.

I am considering a 400 series but certainly need to learn more about their durability and cost. Research, research, research!! It's an excuse to have my head stuck in Ferrari books, web-sites, etc. If nothing else, at least I added something to the grey matter.

Forza.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boxer 42 (by the way, cool name!)

Can you point me in a direction as far as web-sites for the 400s? The farthest I can reach is my key board if you know what I mean!

Since we have a Chevy Z-71 (big four door truck in case they may not be known in Europe), I won't be using the Ferrari full time. Still, it'd be nice to take the "family unit (Raising Arizona)" for a cruise instead of waving "good-bye" while I go...

Thanks all for the continued help. Please keep it coming if able. I do appreciate it. Plus, when I do get the car, I'll be able to put a FF.net sticker on her!

Forza.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.