Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 6yrs or until it can't be driven anymore

Votes: 7 87.5%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love exotic car. I plan to work my butt of so that one day I will have enough to buy a ferrari. I don't know which one yet. But I want to ask ferrari owners here some question. Hope you help me answer some of the following short questions
What your annual range of income? 80k-200k or 200k-500k or 500k+?
if you don't want to answer this, how much do you think I should make before I can start hunting for a ferrari?
And how long do you keep your ferrari for? ~1yr, 1-3yrs, 3-6yrs, 6+yrs or until the ferrari can't be driven anymore ?

Hope you guys can help me answer this and none will feel offended for any reasons.
PS: I just read some topic and suddenly I feel that this might make some of Ferrari owners here thinking that I try to do this for some marketing or such. I love either ferrari/lambo(well, I guess every guys love either of this car). I don't want to dream so high or be a person who drives a ferrari but can't qualify to be a ferrari owner in term of income. So your answer here will help me know that is the dream owning a ferrari may come true one day or it will always be a fantasy dream only.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
We get this question all the time and there is really no set answer for it. It entire depends on you. How badly do you want it? Do you have kids? Do you have a wife or partner? Do you need to go on holiday 6 times a year?

What we can say, is that you need to budget $5000 a year to comfortably run a 308/328 (insurance, maintenance). One that is paid off, that is. You'll have years with less costs but you may have years with more. My principle is, that if you can't afford to repair your car, you shouldn't have a Ferrari. Since Ferrari repairs can cost over $20k, that is a decent buffer to have in the bank, after you've paid for the car.

If you do a search you'll get more answers.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I learned my lesson about Ferrari ownership.

In 1974 I bought a Dino in Italy and brought it to the US. Sold it in 1976 and made a huge mistake. I paid $8K for it, sold it for $15K, and now it's at $200K!

I will not make that mistake again.

Having a very rare color car - Azzuro California - and with fewer than 30 painted in that color for the entire 360 production, there is no way I intend to sell the car.

I know value and intend to hold it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I learned my lesson about Ferrari ownership.

In 1974 I bought a Dino in Italy and brought it to the US. Sold it in 1976 and made a huge mistake. I paid $8K for it, sold it for $15K, and now it's at $200K!

I will not make that mistake again.

Having a very rare color car - Azzuro California - and with fewer than 30 painted in that color for the entire 360 production, there is no way I intend to sell the car.

I know value and intend to hold it.

I don't think that was so bad of a mistake for you -- you nearly doubled your money in 2 years, and $15k then was probably like $50k in today's dollars. I think your money would have done a lot better in the stock market from 1976 to 2008 than in a Dino! ;)

. . . but a great car in a beautiful color that you may not be able to get again is worth holding on to! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
No actually the real estate has done better!

All the real estate is replaceable; the Dino's are no longer made!
Hey G, the dino is a great car. but don't beat yourself up, after all you have a dino lineaged car that is much more in so many ways. Even if it isn't as good as it's father (f355).... wink..wink.

f-man:wall:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
All the real estate is replaceable; the Dino's are no longer made!
My country is certainly not alone in being full of irreplaceable real estate, hundreds of years old with sometimes previous occupants such as Rembrandt or other icons of history. And if you go to Southern Europe there is even more of it. I think there is a fundamental difference in the way that the New World thinks about real estate compared to the Old World. And justifiably so, of course.

Anyway, back to the poll: I certainly do not buy my Ferraris with a set time frame in mind, I never have with any car. Or any other object of desire - I like to keep my things, form a bond with them.

Onno

BTW - Why is it that every time someone asks a "Question for Ferrari Owner", they never bl00dy post after that? At least you could have the courtesy to say "thank you very much". Ah well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My country is certainly not alone in being full of irreplaceable real estate, hundreds of years old with sometimes previous occupants such as Rembrandt or other icons of history. And if you go to Southern Europe there is even more of it. I think there is a fundamental difference in the way that the New World thinks about real estate compared to the Old World. And justifiably so, of course.

Anyway, back to the poll: I certainly do not buy my Ferraris with a set time frame in mind, I never have with any car. Or any other object of desire - I like to keep my things, form a bond with them.

Onno

BTW - Why is it that every time someone asks a "Question for Ferrari Owner", they never bl00dy post after that? At least you could have the courtesy to say "thank you very much". Ah well.

I feel the same way.

f-man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts