Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading most of the posts in this forum it seems the 355 is the most wanted for under $100k or at least most talked about.

I am debating on a 95 355 here. The car has about 17k miles. What services a car with this mileage should be due for or have being done already?

There is a lot of talk about belts, headers, and valves having to be replaced at some point. But at what mileage usually they have to be replaced? I know it all depends how hard you drive the car, but in this case let's say under normal usage.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
This car really shouldn't need any work at this mileage. Timing belts are recommended every 3 years but current thinking seems to have stretched that to 5 years. So if the belts haven't been changed in 5 years than that should be done. You'll want to start out with fresh engine oil. You may want to change the coolant and the transmission oil but that is nothing major. The headers, well you have to replace them when they break. No timeline on them. The valves may need to be done around 60k to 100k miles. No time limit on them.

So other than changing the fluids and giving the car a once over, I would think this one is good to go.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I used to work on a '96 F355 spider. At 18K miles, both catalytic converters failed. They rattled, and set a check engine light because they stopped working. At 20K miles, the RH exhaust manifold broke. -Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts