Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every 348 owner knows about the 348 sticky cenre panel syndrome. Don't understand why Ferrari used it as it just ends up looking crap.

Rather than replace the panels, I decided to buy the carbon bits for it. My first reaction upon opening the package was a bit of a shock. Whilst very well made and looking good, they were really only thin sheets of carbon and seemed to be quite expensive for what they were.

Anyway, stuck them on the panels and I ahve to say they do look very good. transforms the interior. It's safe to say I am now a carbon addict.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only part I haven't done yet is the ashtray. It got broken so will be ordering a new part and then sticking the carbon over it.

You can see how the panel looked like before. All scratched and marked.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now if I could get carbon fibre front and rear bumpers, carbon engine lid and carbon bonnet......

;)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I agree with Jimmy, it looks nice, great job Angelis!

Chris

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
looks nice!

I see you're making an effort to keep your 348 as the most desired hehehehe congrats, the car is amazing!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Very Impressive indeed

Angelis,
Your dedication to you vehicle leaves me speechless.
Also the depth of you wallet , I am in open envy!

CF is tres cool and is very fitting to your 348.

We await your next step!:)

Greg

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

I think I'll be calling it a day now on the modifications. Not much else I can really do to the 348 and I've got it pretty much as how I like it.

Next up is a fully respray courtesy of Al at Alsaautomotive, carbon sills and the interior leather all cleaned up.

By the way, did I mention that I had harnesses put in as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this one.
http://www.ferraricarbon.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=45

I would wait to find out where Sy got his and how much it was.

Chris
Yep, that's where I got it from. Macarbon do them as well, but they are significantly more expensive as they are the actual centre consold pieces rather than the stick on ones I got.

Also, don't get the 348 carbon sills from ferraricarbon.com. They will not fit a 348 properly. Only Macarbon do the proper 348 carbon sills which have the wrap around edges.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like your car Angelis ! You have done a lot of nice things to it. :cool:

How much work was it to fit the carbon fibre parts:
Easy / Difficult ?
10 minutes / 10 Hours of work ?
Whats your experience with the double sided tape - does it hold well ?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Every 348 owner knows about the 348 sticky cenre panel syndrome. Don't understand why Ferrari used it as it just ends up looking crap.

I decided to buy the carbon bits for it.

Anyway, stuck them on the panels and I ahve to say they do look very good. transforms the interior. It's safe to say I am now a carbon addict.

Angelis.....very nice, looks really sharp and modern....what an amazing look a little carbon can add....

From one 348 junky to another...you get 2 thumbs up!!!!

Mario

~

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all.

How much work was it to fit the carbon fibre parts:
Easy / Difficult ?
10 minutes / 10 Hours of work ?
Whats your experience with the double sided tape - does it hold well ?
The stick on bits were very easy to do. 10 minutes perhaps.

I didn't clean the area before sticking them on so they didn't stick to well at first. I then used superglue. Especially on the door handles and they haven't come off.

The hard bit is the handbrake handle. I'm going to get the mechanic to do it when it's in for a service.

I also had to go back to the company that put the alarm in as I needed to have the alarm button/light moved. I'm going to put a big red engine start button there now and perhaps a Traction control system knob next to it.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very cool...I want a start button :D

Chris

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you need to remove the panels to stick these parts on or did you just stick them on directly?
You just stick them on directly.

You need to clean teh panels first though, which is something I forgot to do!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was checking out these Carbon parts but to me they seem very expensive for what they are. What do you reckon about getting a sheet of carbon fibre such as this:

Could take the panels out and so long as I am careful could make them myself??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts