Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Boys,...just letting you know that I purchased a 1970 365GTB4 Daytona/red exterior w/tabacco tan interior at the GTC in Marseilles, France. Some of you can laugh at me for buying without seeing the car in person and simply trusting the words of the dealer. Well, I'm trusting my senses and I'll find out soon. The car is still located in Marseilles. I am not in any hurry to ship it over to Japan. Nevertheless, it should begin its journey soon and arrive here sometime in early July or so. I don't know if I can or know how to attach a pic but I'll try. SN 13745/plexiglass facade/1970 Euro model originally from Swiss. Jimmy

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats !

Hello,
Nobody should laugh, Jean Guikas is a one of the most well-known and respected collector and dealer.
The description is mouth-watering, I hope you didn't pay too much. But investing what is needed in such a classic is preferable, in my opinion, rather than saving a little and getting an average car.
Good luck, the day when you discover the car will be a memorable one...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for your kind words. I only had e-mail contacts w/ Mr. Jean Guikas but I trusted in him, that is why I went ahead w/ this purchase. So good to hear from someone who knows of Jean and could back it up. I'll keep you all informed as things come along. Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats Jimmy! Beautiful car!
And trusting in a dealer is fine. Looking for good cars and making you happy is what they do for a living. You and I are busy men, we don't have time to scour the world looking at cars and taking each one apart. Let him do it for you. If he does a good job and you are satisfied, he hopes you'll tell your friends. If he does a bad job he knows that you will tell your friends.

I bought my car sight unseen from a reputable dealer and I have absolultely no regrets. I emailed him and his responses where prompt and full of information. Did he make money off me? Yeah, sure, but he also saved me time and effort, he earned it.

So don't worry about buying the car you wanted unseen. You deal with a professional and you will get professional results.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Congrats Jimmy
she looks great, and if you bought it through jean guikas then you are defenitly safe

PS, if the car is in Marseille, i can get on the Thalys and go pick her up for you ;)
sorry, couldn't resist
but for real
if the car is in Marseille, leave it here for another month, come down, and take it to Le Mans in 4 weeks during Le Mans Classic, you won't regret it and one more Ferrari will always be welcome

also
AWESOME looking Abarth 750 Z
is that yours aswell?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Congrats. Love the plexi nose.

The Daytona is one of the great ones, you are lucky to be it's newest caretaker.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Jimmy,

Congrats on adding another great car to your stable. At this rate it won't be long before you are building a museum to match Matsuda's.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Andrew: Thank you, and I am sure you are busy as ever. If I may ask a favor...that is, I forgot my password and I need you to issue me a new one or allow me to change (but I need my former one to do that). Sorry to bother you with such thing. Thanx a bunch w/smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Boxer. At one point, I considered selling the BB but since I do like it very much I decided to keep it (not very rational). Knowing your taste in selecting cars, I am sure you understand why I wanted a Daytona, a plexi Daytona in particular. Would keep you informed as things come along. Cheers,... Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Jimmy, It is not less rational than my having both a 365 GT4 BB and a 512 BB ! I would love to join you in the Daytona club someday. They are beautiful cars that I never get tired of riding in. Great all encompasing soundtrack. It is one of the two cars I aspire to own at somepoint. The F40 being the other. Enjoy !

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boxer, I did not know that you owned both 365BB and 512BB !!! WOW, that is wonderful. It certainly would be ideal to own the two together. My knowledge and experience w/ 512BB is so limited that I cannot make any statements. However, some of the reasons I chose the 365BB were...less productions, clean uncluttered design, and the exposed rear manifolds and exhausts. The BBs' are exciting cars for me. I concurr w/ you on the F40 and if I may add,...the 288GTO. Well, at least we still have things to look forward to. Cheers Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My utmost compliments for your authoritative knowledge. You simply do not come across many comparitive essay like the one you wrote, and written so well if I may add. Now I fully understand why your club name is BOXER, notice I made it all capital letters too. Thank you again. Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS said:
My utmost compliments for your authoritative knowledge. You simply do not come across many comparitive essay like the one you wrote, and written so well if I may add. Now I fully understand why your club name is BOXER, notice I made it all capital letters too. Thank you again. Jimmy
Jimmy,
You are not the only one here who has the upmost respect for Mr. BOXER's authoritative knowledge. He's got the respect of many on this forum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Boxer said:
Jimmy, It is not less rational than my having both a 365 GT4 BB and a 512 BB ! I would love to join you in the Daytona club someday. They are beautiful cars that I never get tired of riding in. Great all encompasing soundtrack. It is one of the two cars I aspire to own at somepoint. The F40 being the other. Enjoy !
I'm afraid I have the same irrational thoughts. A F40 as well as Daytona would also complete my stable(any donations are will be accepted!)

Boxer, that was an excellent article by the way

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it is ...

Dj Dirk said:
Congrats Jimmy
she looks great, and if you bought it through jean guikas then you are defenitly safe

PS, if the car is in Marseille, i can get on the Thalys and go pick her up for you ;)
sorry, couldn't resist
but for real
if the car is in Marseille, leave it here for another month, come down, and take it to Le Mans in 4 weeks during Le Mans Classic, you won't regret it and one more Ferrari will always be welcome

also
AWESOME looking Abarth 750 Z
is that yours aswell?
Yes Dj Dirk, it is a 1956 Abarth 750GT Zagato w/Abarth A112 engine 85HP @ 8000rpm and rally restored. I am not very familiar w/ posting pics and it got there by mistake. Since this is a F Forum, I made no reference to the Abarth. It is such a FUN car, indeed. Personally, I really like that double bubble shape. Jimmy

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well, i believe most of us here are italian car nuts anyways
and that abarth just looks sweet
next week we got an Abarth World Meet here at Spa, can't wait to go, the pre entry list already looks very good

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How envious ! Would love to go to a meeting like that. I know in Belgium, there's lots of Italian car nutties, right ? Have fun. Jimmy

1 - 20 of 73 Posts