Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies in advance if this is a re-hash. One of the biggest difficulties of all websites is re-hashing of a particular subject.
I for one, would love to see a major international race, competed by cars which can be bought by mere mortals! I know Ferrari make special cars for this, and Maserati too, but a race like the Le Mans 24, done with available sports cars?
We now have A1 racing, which just slightly seems to appear to maybe lean towards political politics in the realm of petrol-heads??
I would be so in love with a race where "Ford" fights with "Ferrari" with "Porsche" with "Mercedes" (white Ferrari.........lol) with "Renault" with "Honda" etc.
When I was about 6 or 8 years old, I fell in love with Ferrari. Jacky Ixcks and company riding red Ferrari's. But even then 1968'ish, I saw and loved the 246 Dino. At such a young age these cars completely stole my heart! Why?? Porsche didn't, a wonderfull car. I believe that being able to see a 599(what's that?) racing against a Carrera Gt would be soooooo wonderful, even if the XJR comes along and beats them all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
possible, lack of funds.

I would be so in love with a race where "Ford" fights with "Ferrari" with "Porsche" with "Mercedes" (white Ferrari.........lol) with "Renault" with "Honda" etc.
Well, if there is someone out there with an extra $2mil+ US to throw behind a team, I might know someone who knows someone who has is pretty far along a similar project (not your standard 430GT, a much more exciting option and model!). We've all heard the joke about the easiest way to make a small fortune in racing (start with a large one) and Ferrari's are known to be one of the most expensive brands to run competitevly. This is why Porsche's dominate (relatively cheap and competitive). If you look at the GrandAm rule book (as well as ALMS), there are plenty of models of cars legal for racing that don't because it just not worth the time and effort to develope a new car when there's a front running option with pruven reliability already out there for less money.

Ron.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts