Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have created a full R-134a conversion set with the goal of OEM appearance and being Concours correct
For a short time, I am offering a three (3) prototype sets at $1699.99 each, shipped to CONUS destinations. I'm sorry, I can not ship refrigerant

You get every replacement part needed to pull your old system and install with new. Then, apply a vacuum and charge with refrigerant (Full install in Scottsdale for $300 labor)
  • New R-134a Condensor
  • New High Pressure sensor recalibrated for higher R-134a pressures
  • New R-134a Evaporator (OEM casing shown is not included)
  • OEM TXV Thermal Expansion Valve
  • New R-134a Compressor with Rotolock fittings
  • Compressor clutch base (if needed). Sorry, I do not have the Bonaldi plate/pulley
  • Two New A/C belts
  • Complete Hose set properly sized for carrying appropriate (liquid, gas, mix) using modern Galaxy 4268 A/C barrier hose
  • Angled fittings to reduce hose bends
  • Three (3) system access ports; one Low Pressure and Two High Pressure ports (before/after condensor)
  • New R-134a Drier and low pressure switch jumper
FEATURES:
  • Every component is new, even the condensor and evaporator
  • All the old style flare seals have been replaced with modern O-Ring seals
  • My Design uses "combination components" resulting in 6 fewer sealing surfaces for increased reliability
  • Increased York compressor displacement by 40% with same OEM look outside
  • Increased Condensor heat transfer surfaces by 20%
  • Superior, modern barrier hoses for longevity
  • New hose fittings with 45 degree angle to reduce hose bends over steering rack
The original Dino A/C system is approaching 50 years old and even when new, Ferrari new it was a leaky sieve.
For example, the Dino Owner's Manual recommends charging the A/C every year!

COMPRESSOR OIL ACCUMULATES - OLD IS BAD
If your Dino has A/C, then over the last few decades you have probably had to change the compressor 4 or 5 times. Each time it is changed, the common lore is to add 16oz of compressor oil. NOBODY ever removes the old oil, so it accumulates and slugs through the system. If you have 5 oil fills then there is far less volume for refrigerant and your A/C performance suffers. It there is too much oil then it can escalate to a hydro-lock of the compressor contributing to early failure.
START WITH A COMPLETE NEW SYSTEM, PRISTINE ON THE INSIDE, READY TO COOL.

TURN KEY: FULLY INSTALLED, CHARGED AND WORKING = $300
I will offer to perform your conversion for $300 in labor in 2-4 days ($1999.99 total) if you bring your Dino to Scottsdale, AZ. Includes all installation, vacuuming with overnight pressure hold test and system charged with R-134a

OPTIONS:
  • Radiator fan change. To install the new condensor both radiator fans and motors must be moved. This is a great time to change them should you need to, simply buy the parts and I'll install at no extra cost
  • Fuel tank cross hose change. To route the two A/C hoses, the Passenger's side`fuel tank must be loosened and may have to moved or even removed. This is a great time to change the vulnerable two fuel tank cross hoses. Buy them from Scuderia Rampante or your favorite supplier and I'll install them for free
  • ASPERA FRIGO tag change - if your compressor has a period correct tag, such as Aspera Frigo, I can install it on the new compressor at no cost

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ALSO INCLUDED: NEED DIFFERENT HOSE LENGTH? ONE FREE SEND!

Buyer gets one free shipment of up to each of the 4 replacement hoses in a length you specify for your Dino. All must be shipped in one shipment. This is also conditional upon buyer first sending the prior originals back to me.

The hose lengths I am selling were measured when I created them to fit my Dino, # 05702. But I realize that Dinos are custom built cars and you may need slightly different hose lengths. In addition, I want your Dino A/C to be optimized for the proper length of hose, without uneccessary kinks, bends or stretches that could compromise performance or reliability.
Please install all hoses first as a trial fit then determine how much longer/short you need for each of the hoses and let me know. Pack up your old hoses, pay for the postage back to me and upon receipt I will send your new hose set.

I make up all hoses on site with factory tooling and am happy to customize your length for a superior cooling result

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dino 06472 and 05702 are booked, one left - keep watching July 15th for more on the step by step DIY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts