Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have 17 in. Yokohamas on the car. The maximum recommended pressure indicated is 51 psi. How much summer/winter pressure should I maintain?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
293 Posts
As posted elsewhere...

You could start out at 36 or so HOT AFTER PROPER WARM UP and go from there. Please remember that tire pressure increases approximately 1 psi per 10 degrees F increase. It also depends on the suspension, road temps, road condition, tire compound, etc. There are variables and there is no substitute for driving the car near limits to tune the pressure front and rear accordingly. If you are looking for a "set and forget", then perhaps 33 psi at ambient temps of 72 F when the tires are cold.

Of course this is just my opinion. Usually tune the air pressure by "feel" and take readings accordingly. ALSO, get a GOOD pressure gauge and NEVER use air filling at gas stations as they usually have water in their system (bad).

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you all for your info.
See you out there!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Surely 51 psi is too much. I used the Michelin Pilot Sports Cup tyres (semi-slicks) on my 911 GT3 and I use only 32 psi front and 37 psi rear. Check you recommended pressure again. 51 psi may be good for track use but on the road you should use less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts