Ferrari Life Forum banner

701 - 720 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave,
I have an old grill that has one of the horizontals slightly bent. Can you fix it? Ballpark cost estimate?

Front grill(s) (one for each car) stripped of anodize. These will now be polished (to remove any dings or dents, etc) and then re-anodize.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Jerry,

It's hard to say without having it in my hand. Those members are tubular profiles so it probably won't be easy. And, unless you wanted to paint it after, filler can't be used below anodize. It's probably not cost effective to repair it. I send a lot of work to my anodize supplier so he stripped and is re-anodizing these for me as a government project :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dave, I have been following your thread and appreciate all the photos you put up. I'm also really impressed on your passion, knowledge and ability to do what you are doing. Keep doing it!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
Dave, I have been following your thread and appreciate all the photos you put up. I'm also really impressed on your passion, knowledge and ability to do what you are doing. Keep doing it!
Thank you very much.

I was able to score a brand new set of OEM floor mats :)

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweeeeeet

Thank you very much.

I was able to score a brand new set of OEM floor mats :)
Man, score one for the good guys! Must be a nice feeling to find these babies!

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweet

Front grill(s) (one for each car) stripped of anodize. These will now be polished (to remove any dings or dents, etc) and then re-anodize.
They do great work!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Man, score one for the good guys! Must be a nice feeling to find these babies!

Mike
Not exactly. Good old Ferrari screwed up again. They decided the nice metal grommets for the riveted retainers made too much sense so these have plastic grommets and included screw into carpet retainers.

I thought I could remove those and install the proper grommets but they also put them in the wrong location. The car floor has welded c-channel brackets for the riveted retainers so changing location is not an option unless you want to drill thru the floor :)

These are being sent back :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shux

Not exactly. Good old Ferrari screwed up again. They decided the nice metal grommets for the riveted retainers made too much sense so these have plastic grommets and included screw into carpet retainers.

I thought I could remove those and install the proper grommets but they also put them in the wrong location. The car floor has welded c-channel brackets for the riveted retainers so changing location is not an option unless you want to drill thru the floor :)

Good ol' Ferrari! I hope it all works out. I guess you will have to force some patience. As a consolation - you get a sick/sweet car at the end!

·
Registered
159 Posts

Soooo frustrating
Many detail trim parts and other odd parts new or old stock from Ferrari are made with differences to what was produced during the 355's production run

Those mats are useless with the grommets in the incorrect position
It's all in the details Ferrari

·
Registered
153 Posts
Soooo frustrating

Those mats are useless with the grommets in the incorrect position
It's all in the details Ferrari
Dave, are you sure they are matts for a spider? They look like the ones in my car. Grommet location wise.

·
Registered
153 Posts
701 - 720 of 760 Posts