Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, haven't been on here for a while in anger, just sort of hanging around in the background.

Back end of last year I was considering a nearly new 360, but with the 430 in the wings and a couple of other things going on I thought I'd wait a bit before my first F-car ownership experience (still a few years before I break my promis of a Ferrari before I'm 40) and bought another p-car!

Anyway, been keeping a watching brief on the rumours of a car below the 430, and some recent magazine articles prompted me to query my 'local' dealer (my Porsche sales guy had recently moved to Ferrari) - long and the short endded up parting with £1000 today and a letter of intent for the new car - they way the dealers are talking it's looks more like 'when' than 'if'. And hey, if it doesn't happen, or it's 'horrible' I can always switch to a used 430 :green:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry :oops: in my excitement forgot the details.

Still rumour, but a solid one...

400bhp V8 coupe to slot below the F430 - possible target the new AMV8/Porshce 911 Turbo, so circa £85K in the UK (compared with £118K for the F430).

Know a number of people who have mixed feelings about if Ferrari make this car (spiritual succesor to the Dino), some think it will be "cheapening the brand". I'm not one of them - and for a £1K refundable speculative deposit I thought 'what the heck!'....

I'll try and scan some details from an article in this weeks Autocar (UK) with some more rumouring....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having seen the article this week in Autocar, and what they think it will look, I too have placed an expression of interest.

Although it took a while - One dealer I called would not take an expression of interest!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
morebhp said:
Having seen the article this week in Autocar, and what they think it will look, I too have placed an expression of interest.

Although it took a while - One dealer I called would not take an expression of interest!
Funny how some dealers are - the whole idea of a car like this is to attract new people into the 'fold' so you'd think they'd be forthcoming. And hey, they get to earn some interest on your deposit if they take one.

Made an excuse to drive down to mine to drop the letter off today - had a lovely F430 in there (I wish). I'm no. 4 on their list for the new car - they expect to see it launched at one of the major shows end of '06....

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I'm thinking Boxer is an informant from Ferrari :wink:

He has been advocating that Ferrari should do this, and well it looks like they just might. Which leads me to Stradale's point: Where are they going to build it?

That is really cool that you have a letter of intent to buy one. I hope it happens!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
That would be great news, because in about 10 years that means that i would be a "cheap" car for me to get :lol: :green:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Trikster said:
Sorry :oops: in my excitement forgot the details.

Still rumour, but a solid one...

400bhp V8 coupe to slot below the F430 - possible target the new AMV8/Porshce 911 Turbo, so circa £85K in the UK (compared with £118K for the F430).

Know a number of people who have mixed feelings about if Ferrari make this car (spiritual succesor to the Dino), some think it will be "cheapening the brand". I'm not one of them - and for a £1K refundable speculative deposit I thought 'what the heck!'....

I'll try and scan some details from an article in this weeks Autocar (UK) with some more rumouring....
I saw the article and I hope that the facts are not correct. The car being described sounds more like a Maserati with a Prancing Horse slapped on the front than a true Ferrari. If Ferrari is going to do this, they really need to create a car that is going to capture peoples imagination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts