Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, since few days when I switch on key contact on position II the fuel pump turn and don't stop.
All is normally after turn the key (position III) to start engine … But i don't understand why the pump turn before the engine turn?! Is somebody have an idea on this phenomenon?
thank you in advance
Seb

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello, since few days when I switch on key contact on position II the fuel pump turn and don't stop.
All is normally after turn the key (position III) to start engine … But i don't understand why the pump turn before the engine turn?! Is somebody have an idea on this phenomenon?
thank you in advance
Seb
On the top of the fuel metering unit there is a blue electrical connector which when unplugged causes the fuel pump to run with the ignition key in pos II.

Check the terminals inside the plug are clean and that the plug is properly connected.

Cheers
Franco

·
Registered
52 Posts
fuel metering unit

I am having a simular problem. Can you please tell me where the metering unit is located? also, how do you get to it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
blue wire

I couldn't locate a blue wire. Could it be a geen wire? I'll take a harder look. I found a green wire off to the right side that was not connected. But it was toward the right rear wheel well side.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what I found

a green terminal on the metering unit toward the rear and next to the truck back. It has a black square, about 3/4 inche wire connector attached. That is pluged into the metering unit. Could that be it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
green wire

that was it. maybe it was blue at one time, but it is green now. The fuel pump came on, I could hear it, but the vehicle did not start. Begane to kick over, but did not. I thought it was the battery was too low. Full charge later, still no go.

I found a green wire on the fender side of the air cleaner, it was not attached to anything. I could not find where it would plug into. It is a small male end that plugs into female slot. Does anyone know where that goes. Could that be my problem?

·
Registered
52 Posts
cold start connection

what does that do?

How is it work? Any way, I am towing the mondial to a shop today. I'll let a master figure it out. I have had the vehicle for only a month and have yet to drive it. Can't wait, must get it going. So, maybe next week, I'll be on the road.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't know exactly what it monitors, but I know if I flood the car when it is cold, and remove the connection the car starts. It increases the fuel to air mixture when the engine is cold, however as I sais I am not sure how it does it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
still waiting

vehicle is running, but i don't have it yet. should get it next week. It was the fuel distribution unit, fuel pump and starter. i didn't have much chance of getting it going. Besides that, the injectors were all cloged up. Next week...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts