Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last friday after 2 weeks of sitting in the garage I took my 06 f430 out to work.

arrived 20 miles later finished my day and drove it home.

stopped by a buddies house to
Pick up a few things and left the car in idle for 3min. Came back out and heard w whining noise from the rear of the car very similar to the f1 pump noise when you open the door. The slown down light came on. It has come on before so I just shut of the car waited a few minutes and tried to start it. No crank.
slown down light still flashes but now also the red transmission light is on.

Im going to have it towed Monday to my shop. I’m not a Ferrari independent but my guys have done some work on Ferrari’s before. I have the diagnostic tool so we’ll see what I got myself into. Hopefully it’s nothing major. Possibly the f1 relay, or maybe the pump, she’s due for her annual service anyway so hopefully she’ll have mercy on me...

Did anyone experience these symptoms before to a point where it doesn’t even start anymore?

Also today finally i fot the car towed in on a flatbed, and I ran a quick diagnostic. No codes have been cleared and this is what my read out was.

Where to start.... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd start with the simplest. Is your battery fully charged? Electronics on the F430 are delicate and when you have a weak battery, gremlins can pop their heads.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
You need to check the battery voltage when you crank the engine if you still can do that. How old is your battery? I agree, would start to check this first. A >4 year old battery may become an issue. A tender won't help and will always tell you that the battery is fine while not. A weak battery will not be able to provide the current required to start the engine and the F1 pump simultaneously causing a big voltage drop. Any voltage drop lower than 9.6VDC will shutdown the ECUs or make them behave erratically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so after a thorough diagnostic the fuse keeps blowing up for the f1 pump, the 30 amp fuse. My tech disconnected the f1 pump and determined that the pump is faulty. So I'm going to start with replacing the electrical part on the pump and also the 30 amp fuse and relay. ny reccomendations on any particular pumps? relays?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
You should always replace the pump head when replacing the pump motor. The pump head is a wearable part and can be the cause of the pump motor failure. Normally, the pump motor should last the lifetime of the car unless it's overused. I highly recommend to investigate further and check the pump cycles once you've replaced the pump. Of course, as already many owners did, the best way to keep your new pump safe is to replace the pump relay with the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU: https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-solutions/101-smart-emt-relay-ecu.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts