Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To JazzyO: Go and look at your wonderful dream darkblue 330 GTC and its newly announced price. It initially was Euro 210'000, then 189'000 and now its 174'900. (You would get it for 165'000).
So finally prices for mid tier Ferrrais seem to be on the run...but this time down. Look at the 9 offers of 330 GTC's..they are not sold since monthes and offers are reduced constantly. The same phenomen on most Daytonas. It's hunting time for those of you who dearly waited for so long to get a hand on your Ferrari dream. And you are since many years for the first time as a buyer in the situation to be able to negotiate without the fear that somebody else is snapping up the item of your dreams just in front of you.
(Unfortunately for myself what I just said does not is reality on the supercars F40 and 50...yet)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
To JazzyO: Go and look at your wonderful dream darkblue 330 GTC and its newly announced price. It initially was Euro 210'000, then 189'000 and now its 174'900. (You would get it for 165'000).
So finally prices for mid tier Ferrrais seem to be on the run...but this time down. Look at the 9 offers of 330 GTC's..they are not sold since monthes and offers are reduced constantly. The same phenomen on most Daytonas. It's hunting time for those of you who dearly waited for so long to get a hand on your Ferrari dream. And you are since many years for the first time as a buyer in the situation to be able to negotiate without the fear that somebody else is snapping up the item of your dreams just in front of you.
(Unfortunately for myself what I just said does not is reality on the supercars F40 and 50...yet)

Great news! Looks we called it right, doesn't it?

The only thing that isn't so great is that my stock options have fallen by 1/3 of the value in the last two days... :eek:

But not to worry, I'm still confident it'll come right by June, when they mature. :)

Let's see what happens, it'll be a bumpy ride, I think!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is very very interesting. If Daytona prices fell back to more sane levels I might just be tempted.

However JazzyO's interest in the 330 GTC has caught my attention. Would a 330 GTC be a preferred option to a 365 GTB/4 Daytona ?
IMO I think it is. A very alive & rewarding car with honest feedback and happy to corner. Never drove the beautifull daytona though but it seems heavier and more a GT type car.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
This is very very interesting. If Daytona prices fell back to more sane levels I might just be tempted.

However JazzyO's interest in the 330 GTC has caught my attention. Would a 330 GTC be a preferred option to a 365 GTB/4 Daytona ?
Personally, I have never fallen for the Daytona. Can't tell you why exactly. If, hypothetically, I was given the choice between a Daytona and a 330GTC, I would go for the 330GTC every time even if it was more expensive. It seems like a much more delicate and refined car. Certainly the lines are much classier - IMvHO.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I have never fallen for the Daytona. Can't tell you why exactly. If, hypothetically, I was given the choice between a Daytona and a 330GTC, I would go for the 330GTC every time even if it was more expensive. It seems like a much more delicate and refined car. Certainly the lines are much classier - IMvHO.

Onno
As we use to say in Switzerland "one swallow bird makes no summer" therefore the price decrease of the 330 GTC may still be just a possible forewarning. But I strongly believe that one's prices are falling they tend to fall much further than anybody would initially guess (The opposite the same of course, as the last couple of years clearly show).

I've driven my 330 GTC for 2 years and I only can strongly recommend it to every lover of vintage Ferraris. The car is reliable, fine and smooth to drive and the great roaring of the 12 cylinders is compleately there to be enjoyed. The car "feel" ways lighter than a Daytona (which I have driven a couple of times only) and as already written corners much easier, especially at low speeds. The understatement of the 330 GTC presence with its classic round curves makes it even more desirable.

There is another very interesting 330 GTC on offer in the US in L.A. (for someone who likes to spend a little more but should have the piece-of-mind of a car who has been (according to the many pictures I've seen from the seller) well restored. But now as I check their web side to add the link to this comment, the car seems to be gone. It was a light blue 330 GTC with dark blue leather interior, official asking price was USD 295' but the seller said that an offer of USD 250' would be considered (!?!) It may show up again.:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Having never driven a 330 GTC, this is now on my must do list before making any further acquisition decisions.
Wow, how cool. If you do before me, don't forget to let us know all about it Boxer.

@212Export - your description certainly makes me want one, that's for sure. I'll have to be patient though, it'll be at least several months down the line, if it happens at all. I'm in a fickle business, you know ;)

Onno

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Wow, how cool. If you do before me, don't forget to let us know all about it Boxer.

@212Export - your description certainly makes me want one, that's for sure. I'll have to be patient though, it'll be at least several months down the line, if it happens at all. I'm in a fickle business, you know ;)

Onno
I definitely will. My timeline is probably a bit longer than yours. Any more additions would be a late 2008 or 2009 undertaking for me.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Onno
I agree with Onno. The Daytona never did it for me either. The 330 GTC on the other hand.........

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I definitely will. My timeline is probably a bit longer than yours. Any more additions would be a late 2008 or 2009 undertaking for me.

Well end of 2008, there will be still 330 gTC's to sell and possibly even for lower prices than today. Besides, even if its hard is it not nice to be able to wait a little bit for nice things to happen ?
(In reality I actually talk to myself while waiting for the Scuderia and making my mind up for a 2nd one (F40....F50:confused: help,help))
Sorry guys but I sleep bad, I eat low I'm just not in sync since 2 of these cars are on offer....and I must act...or shouldn't I ?:(

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well end of 2008, there will be still 330 gTC's to sell and possibly even for lower prices than today. Besides, even if its hard is it not nice to be able to wait a little bit for nice things to happen ?
(In reality I actually talk to myself while waiting for the Scuderia and making my mind up for a 2nd one (F40....F50:confused: help,help))
Sorry guys but I sleep bad, I eat low I'm just not in sync since 2 of these cars are on offer....and I must act...or shouldn't I ?:(
Having just purchased the 360 Challenge, I am definitely on the go slow acquisition mode right now. So waiting to see what happens with the market and taking my time to find the right model (330 GTC vs 365 GTB/4) sound like an excellent summer and fall endevour :D .

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
You don't want one for a R.A.P.E. project, I hope?!?!? :eek:
For that we'll take either car. They all look pretty much the same when we are through.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Having just purchased the 360 Challenge, I am definitely on the go slow acquisition mode right now. So waiting to see what happens with the market and taking my time to find the right model (330 GTC vs 365 GTB/4) sound like an excellent summer and fall endevour :D .
But Boxer, I was under the impression you wanted a civilized V12 back (550/ barchetta?), right?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
But Boxer, I was under the impression you wanted a civilized V12 back (550/ barchetta?), right?
I do want a civilized V12. It is just which from which era of civilization. I do admit, I keep going back and forth on this. The only one that is really not an option is the 550 Barchetta as you really can not take it off on long trips and that would be a must for any new addition.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Great news! Looks we called it right, doesn't it?

The only thing that isn't so great is that my stock options have fallen by 1/3 of the value in the last two days... :eek:

But not to worry, I'm still confident it'll come right by June, when they mature. :)

Let's see what happens, it'll be a bumpy ride, I think!

Onno
The beautiful dark blue 330 GTC at the dealer in Germany is gone. I started searching for 330 GTCs today and that one came back as being already sold.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts