Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- To have a VW Beetle 1969 and hear laughing arround: U$ 5,000.00

- To drive a VW Beetle 1969 not up to 100 km/h and hear laughing arround: U$ 5,000.00

- See a Ferrari in this situation above: PRICELESS!!!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Now that is embarrasing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually found myself in a similar situation some years ago. A friends dad owned a garage in the 70's and 80's, and he had accepted some great cars as trade ins when they were relatively cheap.

He let his son and me drive a great original Lamborghini Miura. My friend started out, and after a half hour we switched and I was able to take the wheel. I was in heaven. Suddenly the car died on me at a traffic light. We could not start it again and pushed it to the side of the road. :oops:

It turned out that the alternator sometimes did not work correctly when the car had been sitting for a while, so it drained the battery, and when it was empty ... no more sparken lighten :(

We were two young guys with a fabulous car, a very small electrical problem and no clue whatsoever.

·
Registered
220 Posts
:oops: My car's refused to start after being washed in hand wash garage. Had to go home and get Alan keys to open battery terminal cover and bring a battery charger :oops: The people behind weren't too amused !

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Marc said:
I actually found myself in a similar situation some years ago. A friends dad owned a garage in the 70's and 80's, and he had accepted some great cars as trade ins when they were relatively cheap.

He let his son and me drive a great original Lamborghini Miura. My friend started out, and after a half hour we switched and I was able to take the wheel. I was in heaven. Suddenly the car died on me at a traffic light. We could not start it again and pushed it to the side of the road. :oops:

It turned out that the alternator sometimes did not work correctly when the car had been sitting for a while, so it drained the battery, and when it was empty ... no more sparken lighten :(

We were two young guys with a fabulous car, a very small electrical problem and no clue whatsoever.
Marc,
Great story! 8)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
it all happened here in Brazil

as I said other times, Brazilian Ferrari owners are usually stupid, very stupid people

the car ran out of gas on the first pictures

about the crash, it was a woman driving (people said it was the wife of the owner), and the Ferrari was blamed for the accident

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
marlin said:
Shame Ferrari ownership isn't restricted by IQ level. :D
That would put a lot of us out of ownership. Smart people don't buy Ferraris, passionate people do. Smart people buy cars that are economical and practical.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you added up the total mpg of all of Boxers cars, you're only hitting 20, maybe :green:

Which would you rathe be ecomnomical or passionate?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
Which would you rathe be ecomnomical or passionate?
I own a carburated Ferrari 308 (which gets about 15mpg if you go easy on it, 7mpg running at the higher speeds). You tell me. :green: :green:

If I was smart and economical I'd have a VW Jetta TDI.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
my Honda Biz makes 44 km/l

I´m saving up for my Ferrari, as someone´s signature says :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Pete04222 said:
marlin said:
Shame Ferrari ownership isn't restricted by IQ level. :D
That would put a lot of us out of ownership. Smart people don't buy Ferraris, passionate people do. Smart people buy cars that are economical and practical.
Smart, passionate people buy Ferraris because they want to, rich idiots buy Ferraris because they can. :D
I'd put the owners on this forum in the smart, passionate category, or they wouldn't be on this forum. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
marlin said:
Smart, passionate people buy Ferraris because they want to, rich idiots buy Ferraris because they can. :D
I'd put the owners on this forum in the smart, passionate category, or they wouldn't be on this forum. 8)
Good job Marlin, I think we can work with that. :green: :green: :green:
Any straw we can grab on to justify ownership is a good one!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Any straw we can grab on to justify ownership is a good one!

HA!

I use that justification a lot in my everyday life. Not with regard to Ferrari's mind you, but it strikes home none the less.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Ah, a dead battery. Now my stick with show one reason why I like it.

8)

ps: smart people drive a sweet thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bart said:
Ah, a dead battery. Now my stick with show one reason why I like it.

8)

ps: smart people drive a sweet thing.
Yeah!
That's the reason I drive a Porsche's designed 1969 VW BEETLE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts