Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a dilemna about a pre purchase inspection. Currently looking at a used vehicle from a authorized Ferrari dealer. How do you get an unbiased PPI report if they are the inpector? Seems like I'm in a potential "conflict of interest" situation.

Should I trust the report from the dealers mechanic on their own car?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
If it is a reputable dealer, then yes, I would trust what their mechanic says is the current condition of the car. A reputable dealer should also back the car up with a warranty.

A PPI is usually performed by a 3rd party with no interest in the vehicle. It is something you pay for. Usually when you are buying a car from a private inividual. If you don't trust the dealer than you should seek this avenue. Having said that, if you don't trust the dealer than why would you buy a car from him in the first place? An individual who is selling his Ferrari has something to gain by hiding imperfections, a reputable dealer who makes his living selling these cars has nothing to gain by hiding imperfections. An individual doesn't care if you tell your friends you were happy with your purchase. A dealer does.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't really say good or bad about the dealer. But being an authorized Ferrari dealer I would hope to get the real scoop on the vehicle. I don't live near any Ferrari dealers so I do worry about the "out of sight out of mind" situation.
I guess if I buy it I'll let everyone know how it goes!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I would recommend having a second opinion in the form of a PPI. My brother bought a 328 from the most well-known dealer in Holland. When he sold the car back to them 3 years later, still in pristine condition and no work done on the exterior, they claimed the car had been resprayed. If it was, then they neglected to tell my brother when he bought the car. If there had been a PPI, the respray would have shown up.

So, yes, even with a reputable dealer I think it is wise to have it done.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the challenge here. Buying from a private party, the Ferrari mechanic is the choice. Finding an independant mechanic in the area of an authorized Ferrari dealer can be problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts