Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Bloody hell! No I don't know of any other 458 owner that has had this, and I never saw anything similar with mine (34k kms driven, quite a few track miles). But I never took off the bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received a call from SF Ferrari and they want to look at he car. They said they would analyze the car from bumper to bumper and see what happened. They said that they would send a tow truck to pick up the car for $1800. I asked them if I had to pay for it and they said yes. I asked them if they had talked to Ferrari Corporate about the possible fire damage and they said no. So, it doesn't look like Ferrari is going to take any responsibility for the melted bumper. There is nothing wrong with the car that I can see so, no, I am not going to pay $1800 to have it towed so that Ferrari can say it is not their fault. If other cars burn up because of the bumper catching on fire, then I will wait until Ferrari does a recall and get it fixed in the recall. I guess that is the way it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, that looks like spectacularly poorly insulated foam padding very close to a very hot part!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bill,
Is it the original exhaust? If not who put it on? I use to take my F430 to Silicon Valley Ferrari and I wasn't happy with them and shifted my car to Roselli's in San Jose. Prior to that I did do some research on SF Ferrari which is based out of Mill Valley and decided against taking my car to them. I'd recommend you take the car to an independent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to install a Forza exhaust controller and I took off the bumper. Here is what I found. I talked to SF Ferrari and they are going to get back to me today. Has anything like this happened to you?
Could it be that a previous owner had an aftermarket exhaust installed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts