Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Apples and oranges.
These are two great marques (I've driven both) and have polarizing fan base and market draw. Buy what you like.
I would probably cringe less to have a Porsche in the shop than a Ferrari! 8)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
..... well since we are hearing opinons.... yes there is a wrong choice if you honestly want a Porsche insted of a Ferrari. The way I see it, the BEST way to look at it is you take the worst of each. Any 19 year old with four grand can buy a 914. Not many people can have a Ferrari (the 348 I know I know...)
They really are apples and oranges, but after looking at a 250GTO and a old 911 next to it.... seriously. 8)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, I was just interested in your opinions. I'd take a Ferrari over most any Porsche.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
you guys know where I stand.... 8) Im not afraid to voice it....
forgive my grammar, but aint NO Porsche goin' to sell for $15M in the next 10 years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Porsches are cheaper to run and you can use them every day.

Ferraris are something more special, probably more than just cars.

·
Registered
220 Posts
eatpasta said:
you guys know where I stand.... 8) Im not afraid to voice it....
forgive my grammar, but aint NO Porsche goin' to sell for $15M in the next 10 years.
nor is any modern Ferrari . They are now mass produced cars .

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Mass produced???

5,000 per year vs. 5,000 per hour (Toyota) vs 5,000 per month (Porsche)

:evil:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussing the current incarnation of Ferrari vs. Ferrari of the 60's is like discussing the current incarnation of Gibson for guitars, Stradivarius for strings, or even Aston Martin (which we all know who is owned by these days).... the golden years are gone, and there will never be a 250GTO or a 166MM ever again.
....but if I have to choose between a 360 or a GT2..... fughetaboutit.
Anyways, the two will always be, and always have been, apples and oranges.
Besides, just think of Porsche at its essence, the VW Bug. :lol:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
This will go on forever :D

The roots are the same, Enzo and Ferdinand.

Look at most great car names and the guy with the first idea is in there somewhere.

I'm glad I love Ferraris but appreciate most other makes too.

How can you not like a road going Porsche 956 ? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
And how can you not appreciate the GT1?

I think Porsche's designers fell asleep 30 years ago and no one has bothered to wake them up, but they have made some wonderful cars. I think most of the hostility thats being generated is due to the fact that ferrari's are 150k more expensive ... whatever, I prefer the shade of rosso corsa over gaurds red.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
....not always.... Honda is independant

·
Registered
439 Posts
A very good friend of mine currently owns four Porsches, a 1970 911E; 1972 911S Targa; a genuine 1973 RS lightweight (this is the 250 GTO of Porsches) and a 993 Carrera coupe.

He also owned a 246 Dino and a 512 Boxer. All his cars have been concourse standard and I consider him one of the greatest afficionados I know.

His equates the Porsche to your wife and the Ferrari to your mistress. The Porsche is great to drive, reliable, great to see day in day out and tough. The Ferrari is for the other times when you are looking for something a bit fiery, temperamental and passionate.

I tend to agree with him. My ideal? A Porsche for the weekdays and a Ferrari for the weekends!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice topic, I think Ferrari & Porsche will be always some non liniar opponents. All want to compare them but at the same time they can not be comparable =) I like them both, but Ferrari the most. Ferrari I like for its spirit and atmosphere, porsche for its order and conceptionalism, asf...
It is said that now many legendary names became victims of corporationalism. Even if Ferrari is owned by FIAT, it is guaranteed with freedom, and porsche is free for now, but we can not say the same about Aston Martin, Bufattia and Lamborghini...... Sad...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree with both of the above two posts. ferraris and porsches cannot ever be compared back to back. Both cars, price aside, represent something intangible and therefore cant be examined under a microscope. They both have their perks and I, for one, am not qualified to dispute them.

I would have no problem owning a porsche. I wouldnt be able to afford a porsche mind you solely because all of my money has gone into ferraris :green: :green: :green:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
I wouldnt be able to afford a porsche mind you solely because all of my money has gone into ferraris
Now that is what I call passion! 8)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts