Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me improve the site for you and others by commenting and how you feel about:

1. Site's layout
2. Ease of use
3. Navigation
4. Organization of content

I am working very hard to improve the site and all your feedback is VERY helpful.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello,

I think the site's layout is satisfactory- everything seems to be located in the proper board topic. I don't know what could be done about organization of the site, but I do notice that a number of links feed back to each other. As for navigation, I think it would be best if we could type in a page to go to, rather than having to click "next" to go to the next forum thread. Perhaps it is not possible to do that with this forum or there is a way to do that that I am not aware of. That is about all I can come up with at the moment, and usually I am critical of other sites' layouts and organization, but this one seems to be really well-maintained.

Alexander

·
Registered
509 Posts
There are only two things I would suggest and they're very minute changes.

The navagation that is in each thread could be made larger or more prominent

ie. Ferrari Life Forum Index -> Ferrari Discussion

I not too long ago figured out that I could use that to navagate around the site. Took me a while, Im normally a fast learner. It was a nice surprise!

The other would be a 'Go to the bottom of page' button, or something to that effect. 90% of the time I dont want to read every post all the way down and Im too lazy to take my hand off the mouse to use the keyboard shortcut! Ha

other that that I love the site in and out!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
for the go all the way down action you can click the icon (with arrow and notblock) behind the name of the last poster in the forumview. it will take you to the last post directly.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whoa, now thats cool

·
Registered
220 Posts
Generally the site's good.However , i find posting pics a bit time consuming & would love to see the option of uploading 5 + attachments in one go a la Fchat or Fcars.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
for the go all the way down action you can click the icon (with arrow and notblock) behind the name of the last poster in the forumview. it will take you to the last post directly.
Thanks Dr Bob - didn't know that.
Andrew, I can't think of anything about the site to complain about.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I would like to see threads that I have posted in to have some kind of indicator by it (of course this will apply to every individual posters), so I can revist and follow up.
Keep up the good work, otherwise, Andrew. 8)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Currently, if I want to check old posts, I view them by searching under my member name and checking all the posts I made. Don't know if that helps any.

Alexander

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
jungathart said:
I would like to see threads that I have posted in to have some kind of indicator by it (of course this will apply to every individual posters), so I can revist and follow up.
If you go into your Profile, under Preferences and activate:

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

you will receive an email automatically anytime someone adds a new post to a thread you have posted in.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback. I am doing a complete overhaul from top to bottom right now. The majority of what has been requested will be included.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jungathart said:
The best way to do this for now is on the homepage look for this at the top right just below the banner ad:

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forum/

The second option will show all your post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont think I can fault this place. I find everything easy to use and find. Its quite possibly the only forum that does not ask me to sign in 3 million times beofre it remembers me.

Ive been on some forums that have been easy to use but people post subjects in the wrong places (ive done it here once), Thats when things get confusing lol.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts