Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I went to the Auto Italia event at Stanford Hall, Leicestershire today. The damp weather put some off, but there was still a good turn out of Ferrari's, between 80-100 I'd say. I didn't take any photo's of the usual V8 & TR's as you've all seen plenty before. Thought I'd just take pics of the rarer stuff, and some other marques too. Sorry if the Lambo's offend anyone:D

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
that f40 looks intimidating! especially that little schumacker standing in front of it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like a big beast with it's mouth wide open ready to gobble him up:eek:
His Grandad brought that jacket back from the Ferrari shop in Milan, and he's been desparate to wear it for weeks. My wife won't let him wear it any other time because she doesn't want him telling people his dad's got a Ferrari:(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Sweet shots Arch...

I was going to the international meet next week in Wadkins Glen NY but Wifey got involved and rescheduled us to a Mountain getaway in Vermont. I 'm sure I'll have a blast Mountain biking down the face of Killington, or horseback riding, or Kayaking, or alpine sliding, or playing golf, or going to the Vermont State Fair but my happyness will be empty cuz I won't have my Ferrari.

Clutch foot is just getting better. Maybe I should go easy on it.

Naaahhhh, Who am I kidding...if ya can't live on the edge, you gotta be near it.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I actually liked the pictures that showed the black sky hehehehe like if God was mad because of all those beasts together!

but bad news: the black Countach is the one that really made me say "WWWWWWOOOOOWWWWWWW" hehehehehehe

and your son's jacket is really cool, I'd be sad too if I was in his place

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your comments guys:)

The silver and black Countach's were both 25th Anniversary models. Sorry to be controversial, but I don't like Countach's, give me a Boxer or TR anyday. I quite like the Gallardo, but the Mercielago was OTT, far too bling inside.
My son loves the Countach, I had to buy him a 1/18 model/toy which he amused the members in the FOC tent with. I was trying to tell him, it's not the done thing to take a Lamborghini into Ferrari tent and make engine noises at the top of his voice. The members seemed to think it was quite funny though:)

Mini-me will be at the FOC concours, I can't go anywhere without him. However, I don't have a matching jacket, in fact I don't have any Ferrari items of clothing.

The older Maserati's were a nice sight, made a nice change from the sea of red V8 Ferrari's.

Most Italian car makes were represented, thousands of Fiats, Alfa's and Lancia's, plus the Ferrari, Maserati's, Lamborghini's and De Tomaso's, but no Zonda's or Bugati's this year.

The only down side was the weather, it was damp and muddy underfoot and quite cold. My son is shivering on the photo where the F40 is trying to eat him, but at least the rained held off until 10 mins after we left.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pics Jonathan. Petty about the weather, last year was scorching. I wasn't too far out with my guess, I couldn't be bothered to count;)

I did see the GT4 conversion, not sure I like it, but each to their own.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like MiniMe is heading for the Dark Side Archie!! :D
T1f, no he's not a traitor. His favorite cars are Enzo's & FXX's, but we couldn't find any models/toys. After that he does like Lambo's because of the flip up doors. However, I was a bit uneasy about taking him into the FOC tent and letting him play with a Lambo:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts