Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to the Ferrari meeting at Donnington today and had a great time. Here's a page of photos I took while I was there:

http://www.getafloat.com/donnington

As you can see, there was some unusual machinery there including some non-Ferrari stuff such as a Porsche 928 convertible and a few Lamborghinis.

In the first 2 pics you can see my new 348 convertible, reg no M17CCA, I'll be taking some better pics of it soon - I ran out of shots on my digital camera today!

Justyn.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cool event! I like the Miura! If you ever happen to run out of pictures again: don't take pictures of the replica GTO ;-) Looks like it is Datsun based, am I right?

Thanks for the pics, Donnington seems to be a nice circuit. I have only been to Silverstone and Brands Hatch in the UK and I like the atmosphere on those circuits. BH is a great circuit!!!!!!!!!! Saw Castle Combe as well, but unfortunately when I was there no activity was going on. Worst thing was that a week later a Ferrari event was held. Bummer...

Ah well, ...

Niels

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Justyn

I was at Donnington as well. I'll have some pics online soon, I hope...

The GTO '64 (pic no. 17) looked authentic but I wouldn't have expected such a car to be entered in the British series. Do you know anything about it?

Does anyone else have any info?

Don.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Sweet i love Miura's
too bad that it's so hard to get to england, else i would have been there.

Don
Niels is refering to the "GTO" in pic 28
as far as the 64 GTO, it looks real, but if you don't have the s/n then i can't tell you

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid I don't know any more about these two particular cars.

Pic no 17 was taken in the Paddock, the car looked like it was being prepared for racing so I presume it was real.

Pic 28, I didn't have that close a look at. I'm not a conoisseur of older Ferraris but I tried to capture pics of all the models there rather than just taking pics of my favourites.

Certain cars were awkward to photograph as there were constantly people crowding around them.

Pic 28 has an expensive private registration number on it so I would doubt its a kit car but who knows!

The Enzo was in the indoor display area along with an F50 & F40. I only saw one other F40 which was a LHD one you can just see driving up a hill in pic 8. There were plenty of the more "common" modern stuff, 360, 355, 348, 308, 550, Testarossa, Mondial, a few dinos etc etc ... all in all a very interesting day and as an added bonus only 20 mins from my house!

If the weather stays nice I'll be taking mine to work for the first time tomorrow and will get some proper photos. Hopefully if its sunny my boss will have his new 575M with him too so I can get piccies of that too.

Justyn

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
wow, you only live 20 min. from Donnington
do you visit the track regulary then?

YES YES YES, get some shots of your 348 together with your boss his 575
what color does he have?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found out that my boss is out all week. Apparently he brought his 575M in last Friday and it looked fantastic, its black by the way.

Just to whet your appetite, here's a piccy of mine taken from the office window, sandwiched between an Alpina and an M3 in the carpark. The people in the office building next door must wonder what we all do here with the nice cars we always have in our carpark.

I'll take some more tonight and post them in the "garage" section tomorrow.

Justyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great pics Justyn! You've got a good one of the 308 racecar I help out with, but I must've been at lunch when you took it ! :D We had a very easy weekend. Shame we didn't meet up though. Are you coming up to Oulton Park for the next round of the PMFC in a few weeks?

Hope you had a good weekend. Did you park with the other Ferraris at the inside of Redgate?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Dan,

I tried to say hello but didn't see you - see my last post on this topic for more detail: http://www.ferrariforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1153

When is Oulton and where is it? I've heard of it but can't place it.

I was parked just opposite the tunnel leading to the paddock. As we arrived the marshall said that they were struggling to fit any more cars into the Ferrari parking area and it wasn't even that late. As we left we saw plenty more Ferraris parked outside the special parking area too which were obviously too late to get in.

Justyn.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
wow Justyn, do you guys have a job-opening???
some amazing machinery in the parking lot, to bad none of the owners know how to park :p :wink: :lol: :green:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dirk,

we have a nice new building with over 40 spaces and at most 15 cars. Sometimes people visiting the building next door park in our carpark which annoys us so we try and park across 2 spaces to stop people parking right next to us.

Don't you just HATE it when someone puts a small dent in your bodywork by opening a door into it? Even worse when that person shouldn't be in the carpark in the first place.

Its actually possible to take up three spaces in one car, no-one here has a car long / wide enough to take up more than that!

Justyn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah ha! That explains it then, sorry about that- we didn't have to do much to the car during the day so we kept nipping off to enjoy the rest of the cars :) In motorsport, it's usually the case that you never see anything else apart from the event that you are racing in, but we were determined to have a good look around and not miss anything this weekend. John is always flying about everywhere as he also co-ordinates the championship, so luckily I had chance to enjoy most of the weekend.

The Oulton Park round is on June 7th. Oulton is a fantastic track, and it's not that far for you- it's about an hour and a bit I guess from Donnington. Have a look at www.oultonpark.co.uk for directions, but it's dead easy to find. As far as I know i'll be there, it's my local track so it's nice 'n' easy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts