Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to take the car out after all the recent snow. The roads have been passable but a little too wet from the brine until today, when they were fairly dry.

Damn, the main highway was bone dry. I pushed the car to about 100mph during the all too brief half hour jog, and on the way back posed her in front of a house down the street and took this picture just for you.

I hope you'll get to drive yours sometimes soon (and frequently, and like a bat out of hell :) ). I've made up my mind that I'll continue to take the cars out on days like this, Winter be damned; and same with the road salt! My current mindset is that it will always be cheaper to repair body salt damage than to repair mechanical/drivetrain malfunctions as a result of underusage.

See you on the roads Pete, and better drive fast or I'll run your a$$ off the pavement! 8) :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Very cool. I had thought about taking the Ferrari out the other day as the roads were clear. Then 2 days ago we got 8" of snow that changed over to sleet, then to rain. Right now my driveway is a solid 2" thick block of ice. I'm afraid now if I get the car down the driveway I might not get it back up the driveway without pulling it with my ATV. I think I'll leave her in the garage for now.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Dr Bob and Boxer you've got it right. A soft top is for keeping the rain out, driving faster works as well :lol: Can't understand paying extra for the pleasure of open driving and then keeping the top up. Roadsters rule.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I'm still chipping the ice out of my driveway, but I am making headway. I haven't started the Ferrari yet, I'll need to check and make sure the battery isn't frozen. I usually winterize the car and take the battery out before Christmas but this year winter came early and since the battery is the same one that was in the car when I bought it, frost would probably kill it. If the battery is toast then I'll probably let it sit until spring and buy an Optima.

I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts