Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some performance upgrades available for the 360 and F430?

Intake, exhaust, cams, heads, reprogramming, upgraded clutch, power adders, brakes, suspension (shocks, sway bars etc)? Our do most people keep their cars stock?

I havent purchased the Ferrari yet, I was wanting to see whats available for upgrades first. Like does it make more sense to pick up a 360 and put $50,000 in mods, or just get the much improved F430 and upgrade from there.

I know some of you think nearly 500HP is a lot, but I am New to the Ferrari world, and I am coming from a 730RWHP twin turbo car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think first you have to decide what you are going to be doing with the car,to me Ferrari's are not necessarily about being the fastest car around, they are a combination of a number of great things, style, grace, history and mechanical attributes such as handling, speed, comfort they provide a perfect balance of all these things. I have had many cars in the past that were much faster, but, I have never had a better car, but of course that only applies to a 550, just kidding. However if I was interested in a fast Ferrari that is easier to build up I would be looking at a 288 GTO, already has the turbos and will only go up in value over the years, in fact if I purchase another I will be putting the 288 on my short list.

Mikel

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Directionally I agree with Miketm, but would probably opt for a F40. In base form it is already a brutally fast car quite capable of scarying the driver witless. A number of companies already provide upgrades for it.

Other option would be to wait a few months for the 430 Challenge Stradale to be launched.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Of course you can upgrade a Ferrari, just bring money. The factory itself does not have tuningparts, but with a search you can come up with custom tuners that can make a car go faster. There was a guy from australia here who fitted 2 turbos on a 355. This was also done with a Testarossa (several companies). If speed is the only thing that matters, offcourse the 430 is better. It is the followup of the 360, so it is faster, stiffer etc. It will be a better base, becaus you have a faster car to start with.
This said, it will cost a lot of money. There are not a lot of people who are upgrading their Ferrari mechanicalwise, except exhaust.

http://www.koenig-specials.com/ferrari
http://www.novitecrosso.com
http://www.norwoodperformance.com/
please also have a look at our sponsor: http://www.powerchipgroup.com

Keep in mind that HP is not everything. If you want to go fast around a track, it pays off to have better brakes, suspension etc. Let us know where your search brings you

·
Registered
15 Posts
yano said:
What are some performance upgrades available for the 360 and F430?

Intake, exhaust, cams, heads, reprogramming, upgraded clutch, power adders, brakes, suspension (shocks, sway bars etc)? Our do most people keep their cars stock?

I havent purchased the Ferrari yet, I was wanting to see whats available for upgrades first. Like does it make more sense to pick up a 360 and put $50,000 in mods, or just get the much improved F430 and upgrade from there.

I know some of you think nearly 500HP is a lot, but I am New to the Ferrari world, and I am coming from a 730RWHP twin turbo car.

Let me guess you're coming from a Supra? Got a 94N/A here.

The 360 responds to mods very well. I recommend the following.

(1) Eurotek ECU, $3,995- good for 20-30hp easily. Improves driveability.

(2) An exhaust- This isn't huge hp, maybe 5-6 but the sound alone is worth it.

(3) Intake upgrade, I recommend gruppem, but you can do something as simple as BMC Air filters.

(4) Hyperflow or Kreis-sieg catalytic converters These run about $3k for the set.

(5) Exhaust manifolds, we can make you a set of these for around $5k.

If you want to spend $50k however we can bring Novitec Rosso from Germany and set you up with a twin supercharged 360 with 660hp.

The possibilites are endless. For now just focus on finding a car then we can talk further :)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NAPerformance said:
Let me guess you're coming from a Supra? Got a 94N/A here.

The 360 responds to mods very well. I recommend the following.

(1) Eurotek ECU, $3,995- good for 20-30hp easily. Improves driveability.

(2) An exhaust- This isn't huge hp, maybe 5-6 but the sound alone is worth it.

(3) Intake upgrade, I recommend gruppem, but you can do something as simple as BMC Air filters.

(4) Hyperflow or Kreis-sieg catalytic converters These run about $3k for the set.

(5) Exhaust manifolds, we can make you a set of these for around $5k.

If you want to spend $50k however we can bring Novitec Rosso from Germany and set you up with a twin supercharged 360 with 660hp.

The possibilites are endless. For now just focus on finding a car then we can talk further :)

Hope that helps.
Nope, coming from a twin turbo ZO6. :)

I have done several 3 day advanced driving schools and many 3 day HPDE events. Money well spent

This sounds great. I am glad to see that there are options available. Sounds like finding the car is going to be step one, and then contact you guys for what needs to be done.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yano,

The TT Z06 is often a car I think about after all a Z06 can be had for around 30k and another 30 or so for Peter at Dragon to set it up right and you are off and flying, in reasonable comfort too. But the truth of it is I love my 550 far too much to abandon her in the garage. Find your car and we can go for a ride, peak to peak should be sand free real soon.

Mikel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mikeltm said:
Yano,

The TT Z06 is often a car I think about after all a Z06 can be had for around 30k and another 30 or so for Peter at Dragon to set it up right and you are off and flying, in reasonable comfort too. But the truth of it is I love my 550 far too much to abandon her in the garage. Find your car and we can go for a ride, peak to peak should be sand free real soon.

Mikel

count me in for that 100%

1 - 9 of 9 Posts