Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken the 328 out for it's weekly drive, and washed it afterwards.
When I parked it in my garage I noticed the green parking light on the dash came on. I tried moving the levers up and down to see if that would cure it but it didn't. Both front and rear parking lights are on and I cant switch them off.
Any ideas?
Thanks Archie

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I do feel an idiot now:eek:
After 2 hours of playing with switches and levers, then finally disconnecting the battery, I decided to have a look at the owners manual.
When I had cleaned the centre consul earlier, I must have pressed the 'Parking Light' switch without noticing.
I have 2 admit, I hadn't even bothered to think about the 4 switches there as I just assumed they were for the heating and A/C so counted them out. I haven't used any of those switches for ages so forgot all about them.
Problem solved, battery re-connected and lights out.
Maybe I ought to spend some time familiarising myself with the controls.

At least the trip to Auto Italia is back on now:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ha, you just don't realize that what happened to you has happened to countless of us boys with their toys. Scenario being tinkering around or cleaning and accidentally switching or breaking something.

This has happened to me too :eek:

I just look back and kick myself for being a total idiot and not reading the manual. But hey, we are guys, we don't need to read a damn manual or a map.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Reminds me of a funny story when I bought my Sierra SLT in 2004. The “SLT” means fully loaded, leather, all the buttons and accessories you can think of. A month or so after purchasing my truck I decided to get the front driver and passenger windows tinted since it’s a crew cab (equivalent to a 4 door sedan if it was a car) and all the other windows are factory tinted; I found it looked kind of funny. Anyways I call the shop I always go for tint and get an appointment. The day comes and he is in front of the truck guiding me in the garage, it’s a one bay garage with a 7 foot wide door. So my truck with the mirrors open doesn’t fit. So I lower my driver window, reach out and fold my mirror in and gesture to Sandro “the shop owner” to go and fold my passenger one. He starts laughing at me and tells me to back up, so I do. He come over to my window, unfolds my mirror, and says…”you didn’t read the owner’s manual on your new truck did you Mario?” I reply “No why?” he reaches inside my truck, presses a button next to my power window switch and voila…mirrors fold in automatically…he walks back into the garage laughing and guides me back in the garage. Felt pretty stupid…

~

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey is there a switch anywhere on my '82 308 to get parking lights on without raising the headlight doors? If not, how difficult is it to add? Thanks, Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Stupid…hehehe, speak for yourself…when it’s a few weeks of ownership, I consider it to be NVES (New Vehicle Excitement Syndrome).

P.S. Stupid cant afford a 68K truck in Canada.

~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts