Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the timetable for this event? I know they are in Argintina right now. I would like to know when they will be in Southern California.

:)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Route

Try here - http://www.automotoportal.com/article/The_Ferrari_Panamerican_20.000

Looks like they will hit Cal between 13th - 23rd Oct.

The route and main stages

The Panamerican 20,000 route is divided into 15 stages. The stages also correspond to the changeover points for the various teams of journalists taking part. The Tour gets underway on August 24th from Belo Horizonte and six days later the cars will make their way into Foz do Iguazu 2,000 km away.

From there they head west to Argentina and onto San Pedro de Atacama in Chile which they will reach after five days and 1,800 km of driving through pampas and the first of the salt plains.

This is where the toughest part of the tour begins and will see the cars climb to altitudes of more than 4,000 metres in the Andes. They will head north setting a course for La Paz in Bolivia which they reach on September 7th after four more days on the road and having added another 1,100 km to their mileage as they zoom down the dirt roads through the salt plains.

After 1,700 km and 6 more days on the road, the cars will drive into Lima where they will encounter the vestiges of the ancient Inca civilisation.

The next four stages to Mexico will take them through spectacular landscapes en route to Quito, Pasto, Cartagena, Panama, Managua on an 8,000 km, 18-day dash.

The two Mexican stages, which start from Palenque on October 13th, traverse the lands of the Aztecs and the Mayans as well as Baja California. It will take 10 days to cover this 4,500 km distance.

From Las Vegas, the Tour turns east, calling to Houston and also making its way through Monument Valley and Dallas, before arriving into Miami on November 3rd. This 6,000 km stretch will take 9 days to complete.

At this point, the Tour will move north to Washington before arriving into New York on November 17th having first called to Chicago and Toronto. A 5,000 km dash that will take 11 days in all.

The cars

The two specially-liveried 599 GTB Fioranos (one a Tour de France blue and the other a Rossa Corsa red) will only be very slightly modified to help them cope with terrain in the toughest parts of the route.

They will each be fitted with a special underbody protector made from 4 mm thick duralumin rather than plastic and their suspension set-up will be slightly higher to cope with the difficult road conditions. Apart from this, however, they will be regular production models powered by a 620 hp 65° V12 engine which delivers 62 kgm of maximum torque at 5,600 rpm. Both cars will be equipped also with the electro-actuated six-speed F1 gearbox and transaxle transmission.

The www.ferrariworld.com and www.media.ferrari.com websites will feature regularly updated news and high definition photographs from the Tour.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, they go to the suburb of Southern California, Las Vegas; but do not stop in Southern California. Is Ferrari Nuts? I do not think so. Where do they have a better market than in Southern California?

Yes, yes, I know the Wynn dealership sells the most. Big deal! May the sweet cars in Vegas come out to play with the big boys?

Where and when will the 599s be near enough for an older sibling to say "Hello"?

12 cylinders or walk

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are now in Central America. Getting close.

I wish to past the younger brothers of my sweet beast on I-5 as they come to Beverly Hills.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are any of the people in the rest of the country and Canada trying to meet the 599 as they drive in your area?

Me, I hope to say hello to my car's newer brother as it passes though Southern California.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, they didn´t come close to my city while they were in Brazil, but everywhere they went, people went to see them

seems like they are in Mexico City now (or close), not far away from you, Bart!

take some nice pictures for us ;-)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nuts.

I blew a water hose on Friday as I was turning on to my street from my trip to San Diego. I cannot get it fixed in time to say hello to the younger brothers of my machine.

Rats.

Oh, well. It does not look like a convoy on Ferraris will meet them. Phooey!

I had hoped to surround them with a multitude of sweet things. Some of you should try. Maybe I can drive a sled. No, that would be wrong.

Tears.

:(

12 cylinders or walk and I am walking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts