Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive worked out that my 1979 308GTB should have a Glidden Salchi paint code sticker somewhere on the car, i cant seem to find it,it may well have fell off by now, If someone can post a picture as to where it affixes that would be great.
I can get a new one from Eurospares and i can write in the correct paint code, but what is the correct wording to put in where it says Tipo?

·
Registered
60 Posts
On a 308 GTB, the sticker is like on the picture attached. Sorry for the quality, but this is the only one I have from the bottom, it's an old one !. Repro sticker are smaller than original one (new are square, old are rectangle) but same logo...

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help Jepthma, i will get one sorted now, and will get it fixed.
Having owned this 308 and getting to know it, everything that you read in the forum is starting to happen to mine !
Radiator header tank starting to leak, been repaired before by the looks of it, so i imagine it will need a new one, any recomendations?
Windows packed up, passenger side goes down with passenger switch, but only goes up by using the drivers side switch.
Indicator fuse blowing
Im looking for info. on how to remove the door cards to get at the window motors to replace grease etc, i will also clean/ replace the window switches.
I suppose all these things have happened to yours?

All good fun though :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Radiator header tank have to be replace better than be rebuilt, radiator itself could be (and should be) rebuilt with new hose and thermostat/calorstat, temp sender unit and thermocontact, like this you start with a new circuit ! Be really careful with the draining back of the car up !
Windows are nightmare to re-do. Mine was like yours, I start to change the electrical part, mean switches, fuse box and motors (by the way booster motor wasn't working with my 308, depending where + is) now it's working well but really hard to adjust with new greasy cable, all I can say is courage. My motor came from Superformance in UK, switches from Trutland (diferent from GTBi and 4v) and fuse box from eurospares (UK), patience from home. It's not hard to take off the door panel, then you can clean it. I have no picture of this work, too much grease on my hands, at least if you don't want to have the new cable grating. For your problem, did you touch the switch wired because wire diagram is complex on the switch due to electrical path from fuse box to driver door then to passenger door, fuse don't blow except if - is gone but diferent assembly is known for 308. Test in case you doubt.
I have completely rebuilt my car so don't hesitate to ask question as long as I remenber it. Sorry for english' mistake.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jeptha--your English is good--far better than my French would ever be.
I will replace the header tank, as you say, better to start with fresh parts.
Ive also just replaced the battery as it had a job to start last weekend, and then to top it all, ive noticed some holes in the exhaust tail-pipes!!
My car has two twin pipes for the exhaust which i think looks better than the original single outlet, i want to replace it with a new stainless 2 X twin pipe, has anyone got any recommendations?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts