Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about the new PAGID RSC brake pads for 430 Scuderia?
I was just offered a set of this new compound but am not sure if it will be better or worse than the RS19/29 I am using now...

From PAGID pdf

PAGID RSC - newly developed brake pads for ceramic racing disc
Race compounds specifically engineered for various ceramic disc applications.
Only eligibly and released material for ceramic composite brake discs.

RSC 1:
Sprint race and track day compound for all known types of Ceramic brake discs.
This friction material features an ideal combination of cold friction, fade resistance
and low thermal oxidation of the disc surface fibres.

RSC 2:
Special race compound for ceramic discs with a high content of fibres in the friction surface.
Excellent fading stability, very high friction level and low pad wear.

RSC 3:
Special race compound for Ceramic discs with low content of fibres in the friction surface.
Excellent fading stability, very high friction level and low pad wear.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
No Johan, haven't heard anything about these new RSC pads as I'm discovering this new product grace to your post ;) I don't see very well the differences between RSC 2 and 3. What makes a difference between low and high fibres content?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this info on a Porsche site. It looks like the RSC2 is for Ferrari CCM brakes and RC2 for the Porsche PCCB brakes.

The RSC1 is a club race pad and falls in between the stock P40 and the full
racing P50. They are available in Germany for the GT3.

The RSC2 will be a full race pad (like the P50) for a different kind of
ceramic such as Brembo used for example on all Ferraris.

The RSC3 will be similar to P50 for SGL ceramic discs used for example by
Porsche

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pagid characteristics

...additional info I got from Pagid: At the moment only the RSC-1 is produced for the F430 (front 8091, rear 2487)

pagid_8091.JPG

pagid_2487.JPG

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking at the characteristics there seems to very little difference between RS19/29 and the RSC1. Any one know what the benefit would be to move from RS19/29 to RSC1? Disc finish is defined at the same rate if saving the discs is an important parameter...

·
Registered
54 Posts
After looking at the characteristics there seems to very little difference between RS19/29 and the RSC1. Any one know what the benefit would be to move from RS19/29 to RSC1? Disc finish is defined at the same rate if saving the discs is an important parameter...
Johan,
Have just ordered a set of the Pagid RSC 1's. Front RSC 1 8091
Rear RSC 1 4906
Price about 10% dearer than RS's.
Have a track day 13th May so will report back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! Thanks :)

Will be really interesting to hear if what you think. Have you been using the RS19/29 before the RSC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would also like to know how the rsc1 compare to the rs19

Is there a lot of difference when using the rs29 at the rear?

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Hopefully your post will wake up the thread and you can get an answer. Tough, living in Monaco. I am envious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tazandjan

thank you

Monaco is very nice but is quiet small and today really busy at daytime

Looking at your avatar picture I would really like to be able to park the same way in front of the house :)

I did not found many users on internet that tried the new pagid pads so would like to get some feedback especially compared to the other competition pads

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would also like to know how the rsc1 compare to the rs19

Is there a lot of difference when using the rs29 at the rear?
Maxi, welcome to FL. My impressions of the RSC1's , compared to the RS19's is that they don't quite have the same bite when colder, but are better when hot but in general are very similar. Have only done 1 track day, so still learning about them. My real reason to change was preservation of the rotor:thumbsup:, as the pad is capable of higher temperatures and so doesn't eat the rotor:cry:.Have yet to access this. In general not a great deal of difference.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Maxi, welcome to FL. My impressions of the RSC1's , compared to the RS19's is that they don't quite have the same bite when colder, but are better when hot but in general are very similar. Have only done 1 track day, so still learning about them. My real reason to change was preservation of the rotor:thumbsup:, as the pad is capable of higher temperatures and so doesn't eat the rotor:cry:.Have yet to access this. In general not a great deal of difference.
Q. Gents, did you do the correct (very long winded) bedding in procedure before the track day?

Maxi, Do you know Fede (whom owns a Yellow Scuderia and also lives in Monaco?)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Q. Gents, did you do the correct (very long winded) bedding in procedure before the track day?

Maxi, Do you know Fede (whom owns a Yellow Scuderia and also lives in Monaco?)
360trev, yes I did, as this is, I am told extremely important in relation to the pads longevity. Here is a link direct from Padid, that my be helpful.

PAGID Racing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trevor,

Of course I know Fede with the yellow scuderia

you don t remember that my forum name was maxi on the gtr forum and that I was driving your 360 in Monaco?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts