Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my car into storage today for the Winter. Who else has to pay for off site storage? I've got mine with Jim Higham, 5 years in a row, he's got a pretty good space. Cars are crammed in, but it's clean, heated, has security and is rodent free! Sure was a nice day today though, Oct 24 and still warm and sunny! I miss her already.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
... And I'm here thinking of buying a 308 as winter approaches! I guess my winter won't be as cold as yours though!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
...I just can't do that....yet...:cry3:

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Nice thing about Albuquerque, New Mexico and its 5000'+ altitude: it gets cold (-7 F last year), but is usually dry. That means you can drive probably 350 days a year, excepting only the rare heavy thunderstorm and the occasional snow storm. It is so dry here (saw 2% humidity this summer) that snow sublimates before it can melt, leaving very little mess on the roads.

No front license plate either, and sales/excise taxes on a car, new or used, are 3% (less trade-in) with annual fees of ~$50-100.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Drive mine in the rain.

·
Registered
244 Posts
She will be on the road as long as the roads are clear of salt and sand. I lived in Winnipeg for 6 years and had to store one of my cars there so I know how you feel. Hope you have a mild one and it passes quickly.

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Rik- Rain is one thing, a thunderstorm topping 50,000' and dropping golfball size hail and an inch of rain in 20 minutes is another. Not a good idea for any car. Have seen softball size hail in NM. Great place to be a house roofer in normal years.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Rik- Rain is one thing, a thunderstorm topping 50,000' and dropping golfball size hail and an inch of rain in 20 minutes is another. Not a good idea for any car. Have seen softball size hail in NM. Great place to be a house roofer in normal years.

LOL

You haven't met my 456 windows :D

it's a challenge greater than some typhoons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts