Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, how do you measure the worth of a car? You can ponder all sorts of formulas, but when it comes right down to it, its a matter of what someone is willing to pay for it. Considering bidders have run it up over 200k, id say it is worth it.

PS. I would never pay that much for it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well, how do you measure the worth of a car? You can ponder all sorts of formulas, but when it comes right down to it, its a matter of what someone is willing to pay for it. Considering bidders have run it up over 200k, id say it is worth it.

PS. I would never pay that much for it.
correct on both counts

it's worth is what buyers are willing to pay

I would not pay it

PS. I'd love to have it!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi guys

There is a South African company that manufactures awesome replicas.

http://www.baileyedwardscars.co.za/P4.HTML

Apart from the P4 replica, they do a Porsche 917 that is pretty spectacular - I have seen these cars race at Kyalami.

Personally, I don't like replicas but to me the P3/4 is simply one of the best looking racing cars ever built.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi guys

Apart from the P4 replica, they do a Porsche 917 that is pretty spectacular - I have seen these cars race at Kyalami.

Personally, I don't like replicas but to me the P3/4 is simply one of the best looking racing cars ever built.
nice

you can get it with a Ferrari V12. The replica probably handles and performs on par with or maybe even better than the original P4; not saying the replica is "better," but for a driver, you wouldn't have to worry about wrecking a real one. But you'd have the Ferrari engine soul right at your command. I'd say that's nearly a real deal.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi guys

My South African colleague keeps pushing these cars in my face, and I must say I'm not sorry he does so. Problem is - you can't drive these cars on the road. Much as I am totally, and utterly, in love with the styling and the idea of the P4, I could, in my current position, never justify spending US$100k+ on something I could drive maybe, if I'm lucky, once or twice a year. Noise regulations on European circuits are now so bad that you can't even run a car like this on most of them. If I were still living in RSA, and I could take it out every Saturday (I lived about 5km from Kyalami), then I would be sold.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
How much are normal 512 Boxers? Not really up on the older Ferrari models.

Chris
In the States, a very good one would go for around $170k at the moment, but they're dropping. The very top-end of the market in the UK is about GBP90k. One of the best in the world is for sale at Fosker's for 100k, but I'm sure you can get it for less if you put in an offer.

In continental Europe, asking prices are a bit higher. The market's in a real slump, though.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts