Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i dont have a ferrari but i plan to in the future. i like the 355 and 360, and was wondering what kind of problems do you encounter. i always hear ferraris are unreliable but i just think people buy what they cannot afford and then have trouble maintaing them. i was also wondering what is "high miles" for a ferrari. i see alot for sale with low miles that make me wonder have they been clocked or are they rarley driven. i apreciate any response to my questions and sorry for any spelling mistakes in advance:D

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Most problems with Ferraris are a result of them not being driven. Very few owners driven them on a daily basis and quite a few are permanent garage queens.

High miles on a Ferrari depends on the model but for a F355 or a 360, over 40k miles woudl probably be considered high (why this is high I have no idea, on the same age Porsche high would be closer to 100k).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been a Dino246GT owner for 19 years, and some years I only drive the car maybe 200 km a year, and the car start everytime I turn the key. I have many time been thinking of selling the car - but everytime when I park the car outside my house sitting and watching the car - the car is not for sale. A Ferrari is not only for driving - Its a wondefull thing just to look at.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have been a Dino246GT owner for 19 years, and some years I only drive the car maybe 200 km a year, and the car start everytime I turn the key. I have many time been thinking of selling the car - but everytime when I park the car outside my house sitting and watching the car - the car is not for sale. A Ferrari is not only for driving - Its a wondefull thing just to look at.:D
A Ferrari is not only for driving - Its a wondefull thing just to look at.

I agree with this, and Ferrari is one of the very few in this case ... i think.
I own one since 7 years and its the only car i cannot sell.I driev 1500 up to 2000 km a year.

Eddy

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
No offence to anyone, but damn…hearing that just breaks my heart…only 200 km a year…what a shame…

I love driving, anywhere anytime, when I had my 93 MR2 Turbo and it was nice outside…I just had to go for a drive. Now on a nice day I take the 350Z out and just cruise…

Going from light to light, getting the thumbs up from the old guys, being ignored by ricers and the cute smiles from the girls…pretty cool…then hopping on the highway and if im alone or have a really long distance between the cars ahead, cruise up to 125 mph in 5th and knowing I still have another gear is pretty sweet…the interior exhaust noise is really nice…. Now you might be saying it’s just a 350Z, yeah it is, but I rarely see one when im driving. I have only seen a 350 twice in the last year and it was the same guy but besides that just BMW’s, hatch back Mercedes, a shit load of wanna be ricers and lots of lifted 4X4’s out here.

Now I can just imagine being able to open the garage and have a prancing horse looking back at me saying “take me out, take me out, come on, lets go for a ride…”

In one ride on a really nice day I can easily drive through a full tank sometimes more…
Enjoy your Ferrari’s to the fullest….

~

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont sell cars - but I love them - I sell small cars (model cars) and I sell collcting models (I am a auctioneer too)
Please look at my website www.samlerboersen.dk and www.frederiksbergauktinshus.dk
But I also love to drive - today I took a trip in my MGA 1600MK II DeLuxe - in Denmark we have had the first day of spring this year - wonderfull.
But my Dino I love it - its red,I bought in Nürburgring in Germany the same day Enzo Ferrari died (12. august 1988) its a sulpture in my garage, with vitrine of modelcars around the real car, many Dino models

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree,
most Ferrari owners hardly drive them!
I am guessing that they own other cars which are more liable
not to get smashed whilst in parking.
Still, a car is meant to be driven around,
no matter how old or valuable it is.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
High mileage is a Ferari with twice mine. I have only met one which was in the 6 figures.

I have but 65,000 miles + on the sweet thing. By the way, many think a Maranello is a small car. That is a mistake.

:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
89 328 GTS, 21300 miles in 18 yrs. I've had her for 12 months and have just clocked up 1300 miles in her. She was broken for about 5 months though whilst I was waiting for her to be collected to have the diff barings fixed, but as it was over the winter, I didn't matter.
I have a 2 car garage, every day I open the door to get a car to drive to work in, every day I look at the F-car, look at my Audi and think, should I take the F-car today?
Most days I ask myself, do I really want to be stuck in the F-car in traffic for 45 minutes just to travel 5 miles, where I won't every get above 30 mph?
Hence it is rarely driven on a week day, but I do try to take her out every Sat or Sun (sometimes both), even if it's just a 10 mile drive to blow the cobwebs away.
I'm not too precious about keeping the mileage as low as possible because she is meant for driving and is too much fun to leave in the garage. The mileage effecting her re-sale value doesn't concern me too much as I have no plans on selling her yet.
Given the choice I would rather buy a 40K miler that has been driven regularly and properly maintained than a 10K miler that has never been out of its garage and has dried up rubbers, gaskets and seals as well as sticking brakes, flat spots on the tyres and sludgy petrol and oil in the tank and engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I like to buy a Ferrari Testarossa, no no I will buy it :) I just like to asked you guys how much kilometers must be driven thath this is not to much or too small?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hello, I like to buy a Ferrari Testarossa, no no I will buy it :) I just like to asked you guys how much kilometers must be driven thath this is not to much or too small?
Personally, the kilometers on the clock are not what really matter. What is important is the condition of the car and its maintenance history. My 308 GTB has 83000 km and it is in great condition.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Brilliant F430 Spider!
Make sure you rev up the engine!
An F430 coupe` or spider, when its in rev sounds almost as good as an Enzo!
Very lucky Indeed!

·
Registered
532 Posts
yeah i really agree with boxer. as long as you get all the service intervals done, i dont see why a ferrari wouldnt last till 300, 000 to 400,000 miles. i dont won one, but why would something so expensive and perfect not last longer than a poorly built normal car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts