Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
I have been thinking about buying either a Testarossa or a 348. What are the typical problems these cars have and what would you expect I would need to spend per year? My mechanic was showing me Ferrari tires and rims and gave me a heart attack so I am prepared, to some degree, to be shocked again.
Thank You!
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You William!
Does the 2-3K mean tires or would that include other "stuff" that may go wrong? And what do you guys feel about the 348? I like the car but am unsure if I like the doors.
Thank You again!
Bob

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
The estimate should include everything. Annual service should run a bit under $1000 and the balance will cover tires and other surprises. As 348's are over 15 years old now, the chances of having minor issues come up that need attention periodically is fairly high. The more you use the car, the more reliable it will be.

If you can stretch the budget a bit, I would recommend considering a F355 over a 348.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You William!
I guess my major concern has been a reminder from my BMW 850. Most years it has not cost me too much to keep it up, perhaps 1000 US or less. However, a few years ago I spent about 6000 US on it which I was not happy about. I figured if I am going to get these kind of bills on occasion I had better get a Ferrari!
I would like to pay cash for the car so may get a 348 in the near future and upgrade to a Testarossa in a bit. I grew up admiring the Testarossa and in my mind for my taste it is the ultimate Ferrari.
Best Wishes,
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts