Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 348 out for a spin today with my wife. We went to a quaint little place near where we live called Matlock Bath which is renowned for being packed with bikers on a Sunday. There weren't too many bikes there today but it was still quite busy and we drew a lot of attention as we cruised down the high street 8)

I wanted to find a location to get some photos with a good backdrop but the best I could find was a small layby.

One memorable moment was when we passed a newish 3 series convertible going the opposite way with four youngish guys in it, all wearing shades and thinking they were "SO COOL". The drivers face was a picture as he realised he had been seriously "out-posed" by us :D I have nothing against BMW's, my wife drives a 5 series and i have owned a few in my time but you just can't out-do a Ferrari :lol:

Pics 1, 2 & 3 are of the car in the layby we found. In pic 3 you can see the tonneau cover isn't attached properly on the right hand side, the clip won't screw in properly so I need to have a look at it when I have time.

Justyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.... some more pics taken in the layby. In pic 6 you can see my other half looking a bit windswept. We had just been whizzing along some country lanes at breakneck speed, when those tyres get hot and sticky you can throw the car around the bends and it handles like it is on rails.

And before you ask .... no she isn't allowed to drive it, she was just posing for the camera ...

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... and some more pics. This is the car outside my house, pic 7 shows the wteering wheel cover I bought off Ebay, I guess its meant to keep the steering wheel from getting too hot on a sunny day.

Pics 8 & 9 show the engine cover up, letting the heat escape before I wash it and put it into the garage ...

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... and finally, pic 10 is a view of the front of the car looking out from the garage. Pic 11 shows the car parked on the base of my Carcoon, as you can see I don't have a very large garage and it's a tight fit.

I suggested we move house to my wife (secret agenda: double or quadruple garage) but we've only been here 6 months and haven't finished decorating yet so I'll have to wait for now.

Pic 12 shows the Carcoon almost fully inflated protecting my pride and joy.

I hope you all enjoy seeing these pics, I'm hoping to meet Mick from Nottingham soon with his 308 so hopefully more photos to follow soon ....

Justyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Looks like you had a fine time that day. One question. I have never heard or seen the "balloon" your car is in. Where can I get more info on it and does it work for you?

:p

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Very nice Justyn!
Those Bimmer guys probably thought they had the coolest ride in the country until they saw you. Looks like you had a great day!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the Carcoon from http://www.carcoon.co.uk I think for sales outside the UK you need http://www.carcoon.com

Before I bought one I asked for independent advice from the guys at 928.org.uk discussion forum (I used to have a Porsche 928). The Carcoon came hightly recommended, it circulates air around the car thus preventing any moisture from settling and any rust from forming. Its especially important in the winter when there is lots of moisture in the air.

Justyn.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Very nice Justyn, looked like a very nice day
is your wife OK with the fact that you don't let her drive the car?

and wow, yes your garage is small, you can barelly get out of there

·
Registered
19 Posts
justynb said:
.... And before you ask .... no she isn't allowed to drive it, she was just posing for the camera ...
One question..why not?? Seems like you would want to share the joy of driving it with her. Just curious.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
>>>One question..why not??<<<

I offered to include my wife on the insurance policy but she declined. She said she would be too scared to drive a car that powerful and she was just as happy being a passenger as a driver.

She was the same when I had my Porker 928, I offered to let her have a drive many times but she always refused.

I was just joking when I said she wasn't allowed to drive my Ferrari :D

Justyn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts