Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get my hands on an origional ferrari factory fit stereo for my 86 testarossa?. My car is by no means a concours winning tr but it is standard (the way i like them) except for a cd player that has been installed and because i never have switched the thing on twice since i purchased the car (the twelve cylinders make my music), i thought that the origional stereo would finish the car nicely. Any help, info,advice or opinions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting the box built at the moment and will hopefully be on the move again at the end of the week or the start of next week. I have never dealt with a garage that is as shady as verdi ferrari in hayes uk they keep putting delays in front of me as to what is keeping them from building it and i suspect that they are trying to find a used crown and pinion to put in and then sell my brand new one. When the gearbox is sent back to me i will have it opened and looked at before it goes into the car and if anything is wrong it will be a police matter you might think i am paranoid but the delays have been unbelievable and when i organise to just get it lifted to go else where things move again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The '86 TR never came with a factory stereo unless it's a euro car. If so, it came with a Clarion brand radio. Many cars had radios because the dealers put them in but none came that way from the factory so if you want it to look stock, take everything out :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is interesting about only euro cars having stereos why is this? Mine is a euro car i live in Ireland and bought it out from the UK.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't know why only Euro cars had them. I guess the factory had them put in for Euro cars and figured us rich Americans could put in what we wanted :)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Mine has an 8-Track player: is this original? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts