Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my car yesteday and for some reason looked in the storage "bag" behind the driver's seat. In there I found the original owner's manual and service books. They are in perfect condition and have the service history for the first 30,000km of the car's life.

The books are in a cover that is tan in colour with Ferrari insignia. I am not sure but it looks original.

I love the fact that I have these items as they contribute to the originality of the car!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
that's very nice!

if you have the time, share some pictures of the manual with us ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pics of the books.

As can be seen on the warranty card, 37597 was delivered to Annette Hoheiser in Dusseldorff on 9 July 1981.

The first service in South Africa was at Basil Green motors in October 1982 so the car was likely exported soon after it was purchased in Germany.

I only have one set of keys and only the number on the door key matches the number in the book.

In the book, whilst some of the stamps are missing, I found that I have stamps for all of the mileage except for from 85,000 to 105,000 kms. I am going to call the service places in the book to get copies of invoices if I can.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I was cleaning my car yesteday and for some reason looked in the storage "bag" behind the driver's seat. In there I found the original owner's manual and service books. They are in perfect condition and have the service history for the first 30,000km of the car's life.

The books are in a cover that is tan in colour with Ferrari insignia. I am not sure but it looks original.

I love the fact that I have these items as they contribute to the originality of the car!!!
Looking at the picutes, I am almost positive that these are the original documents. Very similar in look and feel to those I had on my 1980 512BB.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm almost certain they are the originals as the chassis number and key number on the warranty card are correct.

Should I have the binder repaired (the piping and the latch) or keep it as it is?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Another reason that cleaning and detailing your car is a great idea! A great find and I am pleased for you. Are you still enjoying your 308 as a daily driver?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another reason that cleaning and detailing your car is a great idea! A great find and I am pleased for you. Are you still enjoying your 308 as a daily driver?
absolutely - although I still want another Carrera 3.2!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
very nice pictures, the manuals are lovely!

what a great find, indeed

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I'm almost certain they are the originals as the chassis number and key number on the warranty card are correct.

Should I have the binder repaired (the piping and the latch) or keep it as it is?
I would keep it as is. There is something special about items that are nicely worn with age vs. the over restored look. I really don't care for the 45 year old Ferrari that looks better now then it ever did when it rolled out of Maranello. There is something that just does not feel right about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Definately keep them well looked after. I just picked up my 612 today, and the documents included a Vehicle Identification Passport, including pictures of the factory build process, the "space frame", engine, full aluminium body and finished car ready to leave the factory. I'll be sure to keep mine. Even if its not a historic.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good advice - I will keep them as they are...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts