Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well I'm not one of the potential buyers placing an order but I did contact Viglietti Motors which are the official Ferrari importers/distributors for South Africa to make an enquiry and the director got back to me saying that all allocations for 2009 to S.A have been sold but they can supply me a California for 2010 orders but I would have to commit to this order by signing a contract or place the order and pay a deposit of R100 000.00 ($10 000.00) to secure my order and this will possibly move me up the list if there are any cancellations.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had an accident last 3 weeks, my 355 is now repaired and i took it back just early this week. While collecting my car I spoke to the sales person at Naza Italia (Malaysia Distributor of Ferrari), they told me they had 5 orders of Ferrari California in their waiting list but delivery date is TBA.

·
Registered
532 Posts
motor trend review:)

everyone keeps saying "oh i dont like it", "i dont see where it fits in", well i see exactly where it fits in after i read this....
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic/112_0901_2010_ferrari_california/index.html

honestly its a ferrari, everything about it, its literally a alternative to an f430, since the dual-clutch helps it to get to 0-62mph in a little under 4. sec.
the guy is harsh at the beginning, because he hasnt gotten in yet, but once he does.... well you see if you read it.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I think it will just take some time for the California to fit in among the other prancing horses.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I read a review this evening in EVO Magazine about the California.

Surprisingly that car might do better than we think.

It's aimed at Aston, Bentley, and MBSL63, but it is a bit classier.

It definitely needs better rims, but it could do all right.

We will see for sure, but I still say the waiting list will be very short!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I read a review this evening in EVO Magazine about the California.

Surprisingly that car might do better than we think.

It's aimed at Aston, Bentley, and MBSL63, but it is a bit classier.

It definitely needs better rims, but it could do all right.

We will see for sure, but I still say the waiting list will be very short!
Out of that category of cars I would definitely want the California, although I really do like the new SL63.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Maybe but from personal experience I can tell you that the Ferrari will be much more reliable.
Yea, also the California looks and sounds better. :thumbsup: It also has that nice prancing horse on the hood :D

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It's also a flat plane crank which revs smoothly and quickly.

I would not be surprised to see one in my garage in a year! (not to replace the 360 however)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
It's also a flat plane crank which revs smoothly and quickly.

I would not be surprised to see one in my garage in a year!
So you are planning to purchase a California?

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---Just not interested in a tamed Ferrari.
I don't know if it is.

I will soon get a chance to drive it, and I will advise.

Two reviews say it revs well, pulls hard, and excites.

It may be a sleeper, and we may all be fooled.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I don't know if it is.

I will soon get a chance to drive it, and I will advise.

Two reviews say it revs well, pulls hard, and excites.

It may be a sleeper, and we may all be fooled.
Definitely write about your experience on here when you get the opprotunity to drive it. I am slowly growing fond of it. I was looking forward to seeing it at the Detroit Autoshow in January...but unfortunately Ferrari pulled out. :(

Chris

1 - 20 of 143 Posts