Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the parts store to pick up new plugs for my Ferrari. I had one of the old plugs with me. One of the guys behind the counter picked up the carbon fouled plug and said"I see you've been letting your grandmother drive your car."

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No chocolate brown.

Peter those plugs were so black and sooted up even inside around the insulator. When I pulled them5 out of 8 plugs were wet. Remember I don't drive the car that much and also the trips I take are maybe max. 15miles then return. I also had it running in the garage checking the adjustments on the carbs. Put a new set of the NGK 5s and it seems much better. I laughed when that parts guy said that because I have not driven it as I should.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bosch Plugs

Hey Bud hows it goin'? I checked on those plugs when I got my NGKs and there were non listed for the 308s. My car had a rich condition and everything was dead on, floats, timing, mixtures etc.. So I changed out the coils for hotter ones and then went to a hotter plug the NGK5s and set the gaps at .035 to give a hotter spark with the hotter coils. I do not have a rich condition and the plugs don't soot up or foul out. I also have a better response on accelleration and the car starts easier and quicker.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Coils and plugs

Hey Paul, It did make a large difference. The old coils were tired and I used hotter plugs NGK 5s set at .o35 , 6s not quite hot enough for my driving. Exhaust is a lot less rich and starts quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.