Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The internet sure has made purchasing parts for foreign autos a lot easier than it used to be. I order all of my BMW parts online now. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any sites that allow you to browse for Ferrari parts.

I see there are parts available on ebay. Has anybody gone this route before? It seems like it would be REALLY hard to find something you need this way...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
comprehensive list of 348 parts - if you don't mind taking out a mortgage!!!
See, that's what I mean. One of these cars is going to cost me tons of money in parts compared to what I currently have, right?

The labor doesn't really bother me, as I do pretty much everything myself now. If they let people download free shop manuals, I am assuming that working on them yourself is a fairly realistic (compared to what I own now) proposition, right?

When I bought the bimmer 2 years ago, I was worried about the cost of parts. Yes, many are at a premium compared to the Mustang, but they also look much higher quality and will probably last a lot longer. Ford Alternator $100. I have replaced it 4 times in 10 years. BMW alternator $400, has never been replaced. Mondial alternator $? In some cases, parts actually cost LESS. I'm not going to find such pleasant surprises with these vehicles, am I?

I was seriously considering an early Mondial when I bought the BMW 2 years ago. The things that appealed to me: Mid engine, convertible, and Four seats (look honey, you can put a baby seat back there :wink: ) I was eventually scared off because I couldn't price out anything on the web. (I was also scared off after seeing several late models at the dealer which had suffered engine fires)

Are these fears irrational, or is this car actually going to rip my heart out through my wallet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.