Ferrari Life Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Speciale

HI I have just bought a 348GTB speciale UK version. There were only ever 4 made so not quite a one off (sp). I have not picked it up yet as the dealer would not let me take it as there was too much salt around and it had been snowing the day before????? Try again Tuesday.

John

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Speciale

john348 said:
HI I have just bought a 348GTB speciale UK version. There were only ever 4 made so not quite a one off (sp). I have not picked it up yet as the dealer would not let me take it as there was too much salt around and it had been snowing the day before????? Try again Tuesday.

John
John,

Very cool. Hope you add it to our register when you get it. Nothing private is collected. Congrats on the purchase, can't wait to see pictures of the car. Welcome to the site.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: Speciale

john348 said:

John
Welcome John, good to have you onboard

special UK version??
what are the differences, i don't think i know this version

· Registered
88 Posts
Dirk, see Keith Bluemel's "The Original V8", page 85. The idea of this "Serie Speciale" came from Maranello Concessionaires, the UK importer, with approval from the factory. The lower panels were in body colour, instead of black. Special Challenge steering wheel and special pedals. Also sports exhaust. Four cars were built, serialnumbers 94421, 94621, 95304 and 95618. John, which one is yours???

· Registered
42 Posts
Okay, here's a real one-off that I saw over the weekend at the Amelia Island Concours. There have been ugly Ferrari's and this is certainly one only Enzo's mother could love. This is an Abarth Ferrari that has not been seen for 50 years until recently. Hopefully they will hide it for another 50, I'll be dead by then. :lol:

· Registered
2,211 Posts
This also makes me think about one-offs again. I don't think this is a one-off. It is a normal 166 MM/53. Only difference is that Abarth built the body. Problem is that in that time everybody could put a body on a Ferrari-chassis. Every body looked different in those times. For me one-offs are cars that are built for a special reason like a carshow or as prototype.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.