Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's had a retrim - the interior was originally white.

So I wouldn't touch it...

:green:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It is a rare one. Only 14 cars built. Too bad it's not a model that Ferrari use to race, otherwise the price will be skyhigh.

·
Registered
383 Posts
any idea how much a 250 GTO will fetch..i heard somewhere around the region of 1.8 million (US) dollars, which doesn't surprise me, except for the fact that i heard that there were less than 50 pieces made. Now that shocked the hell out of me. I heard it on the BBC Secrets of Enzo Ferrari (which i would gladly share with you guys, only downside is that it's 145mb no place to host it..). So is really that rare? I would assume the LM version is rarer..

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
adlinyusman said:
any idea how much a 250 GTO will fetch..i heard somewhere around the region of 1.8 million (US) dollars, which doesn't surprise me, except for the fact that i heard that there were less than 50 pieces made. Now that shocked the hell out of me. I heard it on the BBC Secrets of Enzo Ferrari (which i would gladly share with you guys, only downside is that it's 145mb no place to host it..). So is really that rare? I would assume the LM version is rarer..
This is the holy grail of Ferraris. They made 36 of them. Of those 36 I believe not all are today accounted for. During the 80s the car peaked at $10,000,000 USD. Today I think it can still get close to 5-8 million.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
adlinyusman said:
This is the holy grail of Ferraris. They made 36 of them. Of those 36 I believe not all are today accounted for. During the 80s the car peaked at $10,000,000 USD. Today I think it can still get close to 5-8 million.
I heard from FChat when I was visiting there that Ferrari of Washington is getting a 250GTO :eek: in a few weeks or so, and I'm planning on going to FoW over spring break when we go to DC to visit my interning sister!:up: Hope the 250GTO :eek: is there when I am. Don't worry I will post pictures of the 250GTO :eek: if it's there now that I have the capability. :wink:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i really doubt that a dealer can afford a GTO, perhaps for maintenance and looking after the car for the owner yes, but that will be all
only one that has changed hands recently is s/n 3445GT if i'm correct
there should be some more activity but i can't figure out wich car it could be

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
i really doubt that a dealer can afford a GTO, perhaps for maintenance and looking after the car for the owner yes, but that will be all
That's fine with me! As long as I see a 250GTO :eek: in person! It don't bother me atall if the 250GTO :eek: is for sale or if it's just sitting there collecting dust ( :nuts: )! It's not like I'm looking to buy a 250GTO :eek: anyway! :wink: I emailed the general manager to see what he'd say (or if he's like most Ferrari dealers that don't reply :x ).

:work:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was lucky to see this 365 California at the 2002 Garden State Ferrari Festival. I saw it again last year, for sale, at a dealership in Connecticut. Asking price was about $850,000. It sold at auction late last year for close to $700,000. It is unrestored and in beautiful condition.

Barry

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
308 GTB said:
I was lucky to see this 365 California at the 2002 Garden State Ferrari Festival. I saw it again last year, for sale, at a dealership in Connecticut. Asking price was about $850,000. It sold at auction late last year for close to $700,000. It is unrestored and in beautiful condition.

Barry
The gas tank's in the front? Hmmmm never seen that before.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
In regards to the 250 GTO. I believe it was Jon Shirley's that was damaged back in Paris(?). Perhaps this car is making its rounds to be repaired by the finest, but I wouldn't put FoW up there (sorry guys).

·
Registered
383 Posts
why so few? I know that Enzo tolerated it's buyers so that he could fund his racing team, but it doesn't make financial sense to sell so few units.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
In regards to the 250 GTO. I believe it was Jon Shirley's that was damaged back in Paris(?). Perhaps this car is making its rounds to be repaired by the finest, but I wouldn't put FoW up there (sorry guys).
then it would have gone to italy or england or even holland (there's one there that has plenty of experience with the Croymans GTO)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts