Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olympus and Ferrari have co-developed a Ferrari limited edition digital camera with worldwide production limited to 10000 units. Only 1000 units are allocated to the US. Here is a link to information on the camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04051802olympusferrari.asp

I work for an authorized Olympus dealer in Atlanta and we have received a small quantity of these cameras. I thought I would offer these cameras to members of the Ferrari Forum on an exclusive basis. If you are interested, please send an email to:

[email protected]

P.S. I can only admire Ferrari's from afar right now, (usually a rear end view), as I chase them in my Audi TT !!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I also have an Audi, but there's no Ferrari's here to chase. :lol: :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
So how much are you selling the camera for? The info you posted mentioned 499 pounds which seems like a lot of money for what you are getting. I'm no photographer, but I'm pretty sure you can get a camera with twice the resolution for that money.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Yeah, right now the only things I have that say Ferrari are T-shirts and cars.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Again with the "I register to sell crap" thing. First post is buy my stuff. And it's not even a good product. 500 pounds is about $920 here. For that price I can get the new 8meg Sony digital with four color sensors and a whole butt load more features. See it here...
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=90j3Qsdq0lv3QoeUnzr9SYh6FgBfqwdFC68=?ProductSKU=DSCF828&Dept=dcc_DIDigitalCameras&CategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_CybershotProDigitalCameras[/code][/url]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys,

My first post is an offer to sell because I thought this was an opportunity that some of you might have some interest in. No arm twisting involved.

The link I posted was info picked up from an Olympus UK press release, hence the price in British Pounds. We are offering you the camera for $899.

Regarding your comments about the camera specs and the ability to purchase similarly featured cameras for less; this is indeed the case, however this is a limited production collectible camera.

Finally, I sense some resentment regarding Ferrari's licensing of their name, etc. Let me tell you something, I own two Harley Davidson motorcycles and NO company has gone as far afield licensing their name and logo. Whether we as enthusiasts like it or not, licensing enables these companies to generate incremental dollars, build the brand, and keep management and the shareholders happy. After all, they are running a for-profit business.

The offer stands......best regards.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It was launched here in KL on Tuesday 20th and Ferrari owners were invited to the launch. But they held it at a Go-kart track and at 10am in the morning. hardly a time and place for people who have a business to run or work to attend to make time for.

I have seen the Olympus model which this camera is copied from, so it's not really an exclusive model, just a red coloured and rebadged model. But this is certainly much, much better than the first Olympus Ferrari model.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
This camera sounds like a cousin of the Acer Ferrari laptop. 50% more expensive than a normal one and the only difference is the color and Prancing Horse. Long term, I think this type of totally non-core competency licensing does more damage than good to a brand. My all time favorite in this category is the Porsche Coffee Maker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts