Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW.....picked up my 1990 348 today - drove it 94 miles back home. My first ride in a Ferrari.....the yellow exterior is near flawless, the brown interior is near the same. Only problem is sticky door handles and a oil temp guage that isn't working. Other than taht.....a great ride home to say the least.

Turns out he had the service records from owner #1 up to 8k miles when he purchased the car in 1995. He has owned it ever since and put another 8300 miles on in that time period. He is not mechanically inclined in any way so evrything was done by a mechanic. However, he is an interiior designer for an automotive company and a real car nut. He kept the very, very clean!

So, that is the story for now...gonna go back out to the garage and study my piece of automobile jewelry. If there is any disappointment at all, it is that this car is about as fast as the midyear corvettes I have owned (at least 0-60). It is all stock so I am gonna look into some upgrades ie tubi exhaust.

WOW, peel me of the ceiling

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh..lBye the Way

.....the oven cleaner worked OUTSTANDING in getting the blk goo off the inside door handles....worked litterally in seconds - wiped right off. When I first got out of the car I had a "black hand" - thats how bad it was.....the prior owner said he was going to buy new door handles for $200 a each.

I got all three keys for the car too...one has the original dealer inventory tag on it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool

Congrats and thanks for posting. I'm a new guy here and without a Ferrari. I was thinking of the 348 as a starter Ferrari myself.

Please keep posting your thoughts and impressions of living with your car. Love to hear them.

Best of luck and shiny side up always. ;)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations Mark! That must be a great feeling. Enjoy it before the wonderful now.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Very nice to hear that you got her!

Post some pictures for us ;) Congratulations!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Way to go buddy you will be on a Hi for quite some time or every time you take her out. Happy motoring..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts