Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have the 308 GTSI all to myself. I will get some pic's posted asap.

I have never driven a Ferrari before, only the passenger once in a F430.

The overall feeling driving the car is hard to describe, maybe because I'm still in shock, but it is just unreal. The car feels like a big go cart, as it just goes wherever you want with a slight turn of the wheel. I know it's not considered fast, but it is fast enough for me. People just stare, and you know you are in something special. It's hard to believe how comfortable the car is, and visability is so good. Guy's in BMW's try to get you to race, but I just let them go by. A guy in a new Vet blew past me to show off, but sorry to tell you buddy.....I'm in a Ferrari.....have fun with that Chevy!!

I feel so fortunate to be driving this masterpiece, and all of my hard work and saving was worth it.

OK, one stupid move! I noticed that the radiator fluid seemed low, so I added about 2 quarts of prestone-water mix to fill it to the top.....bad move!
The car was leaking the entire trip, I found out later, so when I got home and looked it up in the owners manuel, I realized it should be 2.5 inches below the neck......looking low to an American used to our cars.

I'll leave the maint to someone who knows what he's doing!

BTW, I think that this car is pretty LOUD, and it's a 2 valve GTSI. What does the carb 308 sound like, and furthermore, what will my GTSI sound like with a TUBI??

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Congratulations Frank. I remember that feeling, the day you get your first Ferrari and take it out on your own. A mixture of emotions, excitement, pride, nervousness, embarrassment, and the constant thought of "is this real, am I dreaming, am I really driving a Ferrari, MY OWN FERRARI !!!!!!"
Enjoy it Frank, you deserve it. Don't worry about those a**holes in their BMW's or Vettes, sure they can beat you to 60, but so what? You own a Ferrari they don't. Your car will turn heads and have people drooling all over it wherever you go. Very early into my ownership experience, I learned not to let drivers of Imprezza, BMW's, Audi's...etc intimidate me, I was going to drive at my own pace and keep my licence.
Once again, congratulations, and post some pics please

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
There is NOTHING like that first drive in a Ferrari. I don't know what that feels like if it is your OWN Ferrari as well, but you EVERY time I pass the spot where my brother handed over the wheel to drive his 328, I still can't help thinking about it and having this insane grin. Memories to treasure, that's what those cars give you. See, even as I write this I'm grinning like an idiot!

I'm so happy for you. Well done, welcome to the community, and I hope you get to enjoy it for as long as you want to.

Congrats!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Archie,

I cannot believe how you put your words in type!! You said what I wish I could put into words!

true...some embarassment too! I couldn't put my finger on that emotion. I also kept thinking, "This can't be really happening, not for a guy like me!".

I'll get on those pic's guy's!!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Archie,

I cannot believe how you put your words in type!! You said what I wish I could put into words!

true...some embarassment too! I couldn't put my finger on that emotion. I also kept thinking, "This can't be really happening, not for a guy like me!".

I'll get on those pic's guy's!!
Frank, it is a very strange sensation, great pride that you have achieved a life long dream but at the same time, a feeling of self consiousness, there you are sat in a Ferrari and you think the whole world is looking at you. As Onno said, memories to treasure.
If you are anything like I was, for the next two weeks, I kept going into my garage and just kept looking at it still not quite believing that I owned a Ferrari, and pinching myself to check that I was awake.

Enjoy it, and make the most of it, beacuse as I found, you don't don't how long you'll have it. If I had my time again, I would have driven my 328 every day of the two years that I owned it.

Best wishes

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
congrats, Frank, it is a true joy for us to share that excitment you're feeling!

waiting for some pics!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fully Agree....

FrankC - my first few rides sound like mirror images to what you wrote..

I agree with Archiegibbs - about the embarrassment factor. Don't mind the car being put on a pedestal, just don't think I need to be there with it.

I think that we all agree - Ferrari ownership is special.

Enjoy the 308.

Greg

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
about the embarrassment factor. Don't mind the car being put on a pedestal, just don't think I need to be there with it.
Never had problems with that. Just look like you're a nice human being when you're around the car and you won't have any hassles. Sometimes you get people that have nasty opinions about you just because of some of their own demons but that is their problem, not yours.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats Frank!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats Frank!! Sounds like you got yourself a twin to my GTSi, they are a kick in the A$$!! I have and have had faster cars but they are missing that special something... Oh yeah... they aren't Ferrari's!!! Don't worry about the "racers" out there either, just remember these GTSi's are nearly 30 years old now, have one of them try to race you in a 30 year old Subi, or even a Vette! Find some nice twisty back roads, rev it to redline in each gear, (watch that 1-2 shift though) and proceed to giggle your ass off!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts