Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thankyou to Angelis, Tony K, Night Life for your assistance. I have decided to move forward on a 348.

There is a huge pricing difference from 32k all the way to 99k! I like both the GT and the convertible - for purposes of resale at a later date, is one more popular than the other. (no, I am not thinking of selling already - but when you do need to sell a "toy" this infor helps).

Is it ok to offer a "finders Fee" as well as an inspection fee to a member here on this board? I am very, very concerned about purchasing the "wrong" car.....been there, done that....not fun. Other than the shiney paint, I won't have a clue what to look for or what I am looking at.

Given that this is supposedly a buyers market (I hope...I got significantly less for my 440 Cuda than I would have wanted or hoped for), can I get a good car for less than 50k?

thanks again to all for your "gentle guidance" (maybe not so "gentle" in some cases - but great advice)

·
Registered
181 Posts
On right track

You already are on the right track as far as inspection. Also check out the buyers guide for good info.

As far as resale, I suspect that the spider or TS are more desirable. My reasoning is that there seem to be many more of these cars. Personally, I wanted a red tb and saw very few relative to the ts and spider. So at least in USA/Canada, I came to the conclusion that the reason that there were fewer tb's were that people preferred an open top model over closed.

I was able to get a car that both the Ferrari mechanic who did the PPI as well as the professional auto appraiser were very impressed with for under 50 K. And this was from an exotic car dealer in the spring. Pricing for the fall should be a bit better especially with the nervousness i the economy these last few weeks.

Greg

PS PM Sent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
348 purchase

A fine choice. Just as a cautionary tale. I purchased my 355 for under 60k and i am over 40k in bringing it up to perfect. I didn't have it checked prior, on the upside, I know exactly what I have now. I am not exactly a patient man but I have exactly what I want. I hope it works out. But definetly buy in the U.S. you will save at least 15 to 25k.

Best,

f-man:cool:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Good for you my good man you will not be disappointed.

If you are thinking of resale and value then I suggest the spider not only is it one of the sexiest cars on the road but it will remain higher in value and more desirable therefore easier to sell.

Warning: if you have not owned a vertible before beware of certain things you have to live with especially with the Ferrari.

The wind noise is quite substantial with the top up especially over 80mph it is also not the easiest to put up or down but you will get accustomed to it, and lastly expect leaks from the window edges this was a flaw right from the factory.

But if you are like me the car only sees sunny days and it rarely has it's top up
I even drove through a storm top down highway speeds trust me you wont get a drop in the interior just envelopes right over the car just make sure you don't stop.

Good luck if you need more info just ask thats what were here for.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts