Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I guess my description was bad. If I am coasting down the highway and I just barely add throttle I get a slight burble. Sounds like what you described. Thanks for posting.

I am glad the evoflows seem ok and are not leaking.....you had me nervous for day or two. When I install mine I am going to check exhaust closely and look for any vacuum leaks. I get the impression I have unmetered air somewhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I talked to another member that had posted a thread a long time ago about this same issue on the other forum. Super nice guy. He insisted I call him. We talked for quite a while, and he told me he worked hard to solve the burble issue. He said the dealer told him it was the exhaust. They even loaned him a factory exhaust to try for a while. He did. He said the burble went away but he hated the sound. He went back to the Tubi exhaust and said he placed a large flat washer in the pipes just past CAT where the clamp is located. He said this really helped lot, and gave the car some back pressure to keep the burble down. It didn't affect performance because of the by pass system. I thought this was an interesting idea. It seems to be easy enough to try and is reversible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I talked to another member that had posted a thread a long time ago about this same issue on the other forum. Super nice guy. He insisted I call him. We talked for quite a while, and he told me he worked hard to solve the burble issue. He said the dealer told him it was the exhaust. They even loaned him a factory exhaust to try for a while. He did. He said the burble went away but he hated the sound. He went back to the Tubi exhaust and said he placed a large flat washer in the pipes just past CAT where the clamp is located. He said this really helped lot, and gave the car some back pressure to keep the burble down. It didn't affect performance because of the by pass system. I thought this was an interesting idea. It seems to be easy enough to try and is reversible.
I believe I have a similar "burble" when getting back on the throttle slightly after coasting. I've read a few threads where the burble seems to be a "normal" occurrence. For me, the burble sound is very slight and doesn't seem to affect the performance of my Tubi or the car...Unless you can't stand it, I wouldn't worry about it too much. BUT that's only my opinion

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I put the evolfow cats and a stock muffler on. For me, I like it better. I think my idle issues were a combo of plugs, wires, connections, air leaks, etc. I havent driven the car much, but it is running well. What issues are you having?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts