Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we went to the Oldtimer GP at the Nurburgring. My first visit to this particular event although I have been the 'Ring before (and will be back there for the Ferrari Racing Days in October). Unfortunately I didn't appreciate you had to book in advance to park in the Ferrari area so we ended up (two British 550s) in the normal parking. Here are a few pictures in case anyone is interested.

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last few...

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting. Looks like the weather held and it was a great weekend.
Some drizzle Friday and Sunday but nothing serious. A good event and well worth attending. Lots of interesting cars around and a lot of car club parking outside the track too (only Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini inside!).

Thanx for sharing. They're all great shots but I like that shot of Daytona from above. w/ smiles Jimmy
Thank you. Yes, we sneaked up on top of pits, which was a great vantage point. That particular Daytona is UK-registered and the owner is a historic racing scrutineer.

Jonathan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Last weekend we went to the Oldtimer GP at the Nurburgring. My first visit to this particular event although I have been the 'Ring before (and will be back there for the Ferrari Racing Days in October). Unfortunately I didn't appreciate you had to book in advance to park in the Ferrari area so we ended up (two British 550s) in the normal parking. Here are a few pictures in case anyone is interested.

Jonathan
Dear Comrade Jonathan Tremlett,

What d'you mean . . . . "Here are a few pictures in case anyone is interested." OF COURSE WE'RE INTERESTED and for myself and no doubt as is the case with many others, I see your images as cameo's of photographic art and very cleverly executed indeed. Accordingly, you are exonerated from your non-attendance at our last Ferrari meeting. Many asked of your whereabouts and I was regretfully unable to advise and here we are at this late stage informed that you have been swanning around on the continent! Our next meeting is at The Silver Plough at Pitton and it would be great if you were able to attend. Also, the food's great! Tempted?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What d'you mean . . . . "Here are a few pictures in case anyone is interested." OF COURSE WE'RE INTERESTED and for myself and no doubt as is the case with many others, I see your images as cameo's of photographic art and very cleverly executed indeed. Accordingly, you are exonerated from your non-attendance at our last Ferrari meeting. Many asked of your whereabouts and I was regretfully unable to advise and here we are at this late stage informed that you have been swanning around on the continent! Our next meeting is at The Silver Plough at Pitton and it would be great if you were able to attend. Also, the food's great! Tempted?

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Thank you. Always tempted by good food and good company (and Ferraris!). Unfortunately I think I shall be in France at the pertinent moment and thus unable to join you.

Jonathan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thank you. Always tempted by good food and good company (and Ferraris!). Unfortunately I think I shall be in France at the pertinent moment and thus unable to join you.

Jonathan

Well, in that case I trust you will have a very enjoyable time. I shall of course inform our illustrious Area Group Commissar of your absence thus that you will be exonerated for your non-attendance and accordingly unlikely to suffer the indignity of excommunication. Naturally, this is all subject to your continuation of plying us all with the maginificent images that we have grown accustomed from your sojourns to foreign realms.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Tremendous Jonathan! Many thanks!

I so much like the term 'Oldtimer', it creates a sense of nostalgia and reminiscence, moreso than 'Classic'. I think it is also appropriate because it conjures up images of 'John Wayne' and cowboy movies, which are also so much a product of the era many of the 'Oldtimer' cars belong to.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks Jonathan, great pictures! It looks like it was a great time:)

Chris

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Jonathan, great pictures as usual, thank you very much for sharing!

Wish I could visit some meetings like that, really incredible, just the parking lot is more than I've seen in my whole life!

·
Registered
92 Posts
To Concur ,yes We Are Interested And Thankyou For Taking The Time To Post The Pictures Jtremlett !! Looks An Interesting Weekend And One For The Diary Next Year. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I believe James Hanson was supposed to be there racing the Formula 1 Ferrari 312 B1 (1971) ex-Jacky Ickx. Did you see him race it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe James Hanson was supposed to be there racing the Formula 1 Ferrari 312 B1 (1971) ex-Jacky Ickx. Did you see him race it?
He was and I did. I'm sorry to say I was not in the right place at the right time to get any pictures while it was on track though.

Jonathan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts