Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading uninteresting and boring stuff for my thesis and the telephone rang. Turned out to be a PR lady of Shell who informed me that I won a contest with the price being a trip to the Ferrari and Ducati factories!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p I is going to happen in the beginning of November and I can't hardly wait! Coincidentally I visited the factory once before in 1997 which I paid for (was organized by the club, so travel expensens) with many I won in a lottery. Never won anything else, but this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you guys updated, since I have not all details yet. They should arrive in my mailbox soon!!!

Niels who is going to sleep so well tonight :green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Neils,

THAT IS AWESOME! 8) HOW DID YOU MANAGE THIS? WHERE DID YOU SIGN UP?

Seeing the Ducati factory will also be cool. That is clearly the Ferrari of the bike world. Please be sure to tell us about your visit. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think you should decline (gracefully), telling them you have to finish your thesis ...... but that you have a lifelong friend (ME) who can go in your place!

ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, this is an offer I cannot refuse! ;-)

She called again today to make arrangements for a picture to be made at the station where I filled up my car. This is where my parents live and I used to work there before it became a Shell station! It should be published in their magazine I believe. That should be done by next week.

The contest was part of promotianal activities for the new product V-Power. A sentence needed to be completed and you had to turn in a receipt of the gas you bought . I just had a (brilliant apparently :)) idea and sent it in close to closing date of the action. And it appears I had the most original sentence!

I should enter more competitions, I suppose ;-)

Niels

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I told you, I never will win again;-)

Okay here it goes. You needed to complete this one:
Shell V-Power is Voor mij….

And I did something like this (it was a bit too long so I had to shorten it a little when I entered it on their website):

Volstrekt Vanzelfsprekend, Vooral Vanwege Verbluffende Verbruiksverlaging, Verbetering Van Vermogen Vergezeld Van Verdere Voorkoming Van Vuilafzetting Van Verbrandingsmotoren Van Veeleisende Voertuigen.

And the program I just receives shows a visit at Ducati and the Galleria ferrari on 3rd November and on 4th November I will be in the factory (which seems to include Fiorano AND the F1 department!!!) Yyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiieeeeee!

Niels

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you don't have a digital camera now you'd better get one! We'll never forgive you if you don't get us pics!!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep it is a trip for two but unfortunately for you my dad said yes on my invitation! :-( (at least for you! ;-) )

Don't know how they want to shoot the pic, but there is nothing wrong with my soon-to-be classic car ;-) As long as it has no VW emblem on it, I am a happy man ;-)

I know there are two Ferraris just down the street of the gas station and that the owner is a customer there too, so maybe the shop holder has arranged something ????

Niels

·
Registered
749 Posts
Neils, any chance of an English translation ... just in case they put on the same competition over here :wink:

Mate what a fantastic trip that is going to be. Congratulations!!!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I would translate it, it wouldn't have been the winning one I suppose. Actually it is a bit of their own slogan but worded with words starting with the letter V to show the power of the V, aka V-Power!

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well, tell your dad then the he can't leave his wife alone for that long, that way i will sacrifice myself and fill in :lol:

and? euhm?
you call that a soon to be classic?? it will probably rust away first before you can make money of that one again.
and i know that you are not using V-Power in your car, cuz that would be more expensive then the car :p :roll: :green:

and does that mean that you are now finally gettin a digital camera?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts