Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get feedback from anyone who has had a supercharger package from Novitech installed regardless of the Ferrari model. I have an
F430 I purchased about a year ago. I am looking to supercharge the engine.

I have heard both positive and negative feedback with regard to novitec's supercharger engine packages. I am interested in hearing of any positive or negative experiences working with Novitec and any issues or problems you had.

I am potentially considering customizing the supercharging with a different company...and with this company, they will touch the engine. I know there are those who are against touching the ferrari engine, but I do not have that concern....I just want the ultimate result. With Novitec, I have heard that you cannot achieve the ultimate desired result by only slapping on a supercharger package from Novitec, but that you must actually alter the engine along with the supercharger package to get the best result.

Pls advise. I need to make a decision quickly...Appreciate your help.

Pls send me a private message if you prefer (vs. post).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
This is something I have been interested in but never chased that rabbit as far as research and looking around goes. Personally, I prefer a turbocharger for forced induction, it is just more fun IMO. Perhaps others could provide more insight than I have to offer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ferarri Engines run I imagine high compression ratios, so I would be wiling to bet forged engine eternals, as well as altering the Engine control computer. If you run boost on your engine without altering the fuel table it will cost you a very expensive engine period. When you induct for air you must also add more fuel, or it will lean out until eventually the heat becomes so intense your piston welds it self to the cylinder wall.

So yes spend the money and have the engine eternals beefed up, and the engine management software updated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't know about this Novitec stuff, but if you want get some furious power, you may want to check out Willy Koenig in Germany, he will have your street F430 produce something like 700 hp. He ain't cheap, but he knows what he's doing...

www.koenig-specials.com

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts