Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only my opinion...:)

We had our weekly exotic meet today I was talking about how I have not seen the f430 in town or ever in person and wouldn't you know it there it was parked just a few cars away

I can usually spot an exotic miles away but for some reason not this one, don't get me wrong it is a beautiful car and I would love to have one but it does not offer the wow factor(like the 348/355)

The car looks tall in stature not low like most exotics, sure it's wide but somethings amiss, with out the intakes and side badges I would of missed it in the parking lot,

Remember this is just my opinion so no one get offended...:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've never seen one in real life, but I do agree that it doesn't have the same "wow" as such things like the 512s or 355s.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
At the risk of setting fire to myself....

To be completely honest, the 348/355 design was the last WOW. The 360's don't get it for me either.

Roberto...Have you seen the latest NADA price guide? The 348 SS just jumped another 10%. Thats 20% in one year. I'm not following Spiders but it stands to reason they jumped also.

WOOOHOOO.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Wait until you see a Scuderia, that is impressive - or at least I think so:)

http://www.racecarnewmedia.co.uk/nickcartwright/details.asp?VehicleID=412

I agree with what you say though, the older Ferrari's from the 70's and 80's really stand out from the crowd and look exotic - 365/512 BB's, 308/328, 288 GTO, F40/50 and TR's all look like how Ferrari's should and how you would design a supercar if you were a 10 year old boy.
The 355 was the last great Ferrari design. With the exception of the Enzo, nothing since the 355 has really made me go WOW when I've seen it, but the 360 is starting to grow on me at long last.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the risk of setting fire to myself....

To be completely honest, the 348/355 design was the last WOW. The 360's don't get it for me either.

Roberto...Have you seen the latest NADA price guide? The 348 SS just jumped another 10%. Thats 20% in one year. I'm not following Spiders but it stands to reason they jumped also.

WOOOHOOO.
Ya baby!...:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I agree with you all. The 430 styling problem in my opinion lies in the fact that the rear part of the car is very high (large). Looking from the side, the car's line is rising up rather step, putting the bulk of masses on the rear third volume wise. The Scuderia is able to take some bulk out of the rear by adding more fenders (hole's?) into the structure and by its totally reshaped front.

It may be one of reasons why people are willing to pay skyhigh prices for the vintage Ferraris (as they will in sometime out for F40's and F50's I would believe). These cars look as ferrari shapes have been "melted into our brains" (as thanks to Tom Selleck the 308/328 styling has to most).

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Wait until you see a Scuderia, that is impressive - or at least I think so:)

http://www.racecarnewmedia.co.uk/nickcartwright/details.asp?VehicleID=412

I agree with what you say though, the older Ferrari's from the 70's and 80's really stand out from the crowd and look exotic - 365/512 BB's, 308/328, 288 GTO, F40/50 and TR's all look like how Ferrari's should and how you would design a supercar if you were a 10 year old boy.
The 355 was the last great Ferrari design. With the exception of the Enzo, nothing since the 355 has really made me go WOW when I've seen it, but the 360 is starting to grow on me at long last.
Dear Archie

Thanks for those great pictures. I hardly can await mine. Interestingly, that car on you photos also show the "golden" wheels, which initially I liked so much and ordered too. When pictured in the official Scuderia catalogue, they look correctly "golden" as the old golden wheels from the 1970 512M or the 312 PB used to look. But once I realized that the golden colour in reality looks like some "artificiallized bronze" color, I skipped that order for the regular silver wheels. What do you think about?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Dear Archie

Thanks for those great pictures. I hardly can await mine. Interestingly, that car on you photos also show the "golden" wheels, which initially I liked so much and ordered too. When pictured in the official Scuderia catalogue, they look correctly "golden" as the old golden wheels from the 1970 512M or the 312 PB used to look. But once I realized that the golden colour in reality looks like some "artificiallized bronze" color, I skipped that order for the regular silver wheels. What do you think about?
The golden wheels from the 70's did look great, I don't mind them on the Scuderia, but the pewter coloured wheels look good too. The Scuderia does look awesome, I love the stripes, they really give it a much lower and more aggresive look. You must be getting very excited about yours.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Dear Archie

not that I'm Archie, but I'll give my opinion anyway hehehehe

I think you took the right decision, by now too many rappers put golden wheels in their Ferraris, and that is definitely very uncool!

I say leave the golden wheels in the 70s (and for the rappers!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my opinion the 430 is the prettiest Ferrari made since the 328!:D

I hate the fake strakes on the 348/Testarossa - and I owned two of them.
Reliability of the 348's are not the best in the world either - the 430 is just light years ahead of them

IMHO

Mark

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate the fake strakes on the 348/Testarossa - - the 430 is just light years ahead of them

IMHO

Mark
The fake strakes?????? what does that mean

They were specially designed that way in order to create better air flow to the rads

And no one said anything about technology we are talking pure aesthetics only

As far as hating the strakes remember they are the most recognisable design made for a Ferrari

Stakes = Ferrari..:D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Liking the strakes is a personal thing, sometimes I like them, others I'm not so sure, but as Night Life said they are there for a purpose. Each to their own.

Gold wheels for rappers !!!! I love that:rofl: They need to be 20 inch spinners though

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Interesting that the US market was the cause of the strakes. Personally I Love them. They are part of what caused me to save for 15 years to get my 348. What happened to the "grill work" on the 355. Regulation change or do the 355's have something less prominent covering the rads?

Dmark1 - Welcome to the site. We are happy to have you. One suggestion...try to use the word "hate" more constructively. People can take that the wrong way. "Not your taste" or "prefer another style" might serve you better. We all adore our cars and might defend them at your expense.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree with Onno. I happen to like the 430 styling.

Dmark1 - Welcome to F-life! Stick around, I think you'll like it. As for the remarks from Saint Bastage, we do try to maintain an atmosphere of respect on this site. It is one of the things that seperates this site from the others.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I agree with Onno. I happen to like the 430 styling.

Dmark1 - Welcome to F-life! Stick around, I think you'll like it. As for the remarks from Saint Bastage, we do try to maintain an atmosphere of respect on this site. It is one of the things that seperates this site from the others.
X2 give respect and you receive respect

·
Registered
402 Posts
Those strakes are actually which had pushed the popularity of ferrari in particular the testarossa here in the US, besides the instant popularity of ferrari as a chick magnet from episodes of magnum PI.

But, hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether be positive or not. Its why we have this forum for free speech. Welcome to the site dmark1. Keep ruffling some feathers will ya :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts