Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Is it a Ferrari or a replica?
There are some replica's based on 240/260Z's out there, but I don't know how rare they are.
If it's a Ferrari, I'm stumped, pre 1970's models aren't my speciality.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Al from wales is the expert on the vintage models, he might know.

All I can say is that it a beautiful car. I showed the picture to my wife (she does not like cars at all) and even she said it was gorgeous and that I should buy it. I had to explain to her that I would need to win the lottery every Saturday for the next month (at least) to buy it, she then lectured me on how that sort of money should be spent on helping the poor and homeless and that car's shouldn't be that expensive, so I escaped to my lap top and got out of her way.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Al from wales is the expert on the vintage models, he might know.

All I can say is that it a beautiful car. I showed the picture to my wife (she does not like cars at all) and even she said it was gorgeous and that I should buy it. I had to explain to her that I would need to win the lottery every Saturday for the next month (at least) to buy it, she then lectured me on how that sort of money should be spent on helping the poor and homeless and that car's shouldn't be that expensive, so I escaped to my lap top and got out of her way.
Thanks for the compliment but my knowledge doesn't stretch much beyond working on them! (And sadly I have never had the privelage of doing a GTO other than a Favre copy).
It is a simply sensational looking thing though!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was going to suggest a 330 GTO but SNs and production numbers are certainly not my specialty.

May I also just express my gratitude for Boxer putting up Hi-Res pictures?! I can't get anything to fit my desktop resolution ... till now! Every once and a while Im forced to use his pictures of the F40 and 308 ... damn.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to suggest a 330 GTO but SNs and production numbers are certainly not my specialty.

May I also just express my gratitude for Boxer putting up Hi-Res pictures?! I can't get anything to fit my desktop resolution ... till now! Every once and a while Im forced to use his pictures of the F40 and 308 ... damn.
Here are hi Res Pictures of the 330.

I have to admit I am a bit confused as to the proper model designator. I have been told by 2 seperate sources that it is a 330 LMB and a 330 GTO. Also that either 4 or 3 respectively were made.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the info from Ferrari on them. It is unclear how many were produced.

330 LM (1962)
The 4-litre berlinetta racers were built to comply with changing FIA regulations. The bodywork of the first two was very similar to that of the 250 GTO and, in fact, at times they were even referred to as the 4-litre GTOs. However, other models were subsequently built with Pininfarina bodywork with styling similar to the Turin coachbuilder’s other models and resembled the 250 Lusso from some angles, although the nose was closer to the 250 GTO. The 330 LMs saw plenty of competition use, especially at the 24 Hours of Le Mans from which they take the LM suffix to their name.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
4-litres

Three 4-litre 330 GTO bodied cars were produced
3673SA, 3765LM + 4561SA
and four 330 LMB bodied cars
4381SA, 4453SA, 4619SA +4725SA

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Thanks for the education. I would have called it a GTO.

Tom
And you wouldn't have been wrong !! :)

That's half the fun with identifying Ferraris- same body style, different engine - same engine, different body style - same engine and body style, different wheelbase - same bodystyle, engine, wheelbase, different number of carbs - confused ? You will be. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
And you wouldn't have been wrong !! :)

That's half the fun with identifying Ferraris- same body style, different engine - same engine, different body style - same engine and body style, different wheelbase - same bodystyle, engine, wheelbase, different number of carbs - confused ? You will be. :)
Yes. Isn't it wonderful. :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts