Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FIA also decided to ban team orders so that a dominant team (like Ferrari) can't finish the races the way they see fit. I guess this change was bound to happen after Ferrari took so much flak over Austria, indy, etc.....

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is really a dumb rule! How the hell would you check it. Ferrari just makes sure Rubens (or Michael of course) has a slower strategy or a slower pit stop, which makes the other car flying by! Nothing new, and now the public can't tell who is better that race anymore! It can't be seen from the outside...

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Niels is right on the spot, they can't control it, and besides it happens in practically EVERY racing sport.
It even happened in the Ferrari Challenge this year

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Ferrari or who ever is leading 1-2 can do what they will with the result. However, the FIA is doing this so it won't be so blatant like in Austria or to some degree-at indy.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well they just didn't hide it for anybody that they gave orders, they could have done it without us knowing and then nobody would have said or changed anything

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
They've been doing planned finishes since the beginning of Formula 1, read any of the articles by Phil Hill, etc and you can see that. I think it's a shame though that now they are making rules about all this stuff. What happened to race car drivers that would race their hardest, even against their teammate, no matter what the boss back in the pits said. It seems to me that all the legends of auto racing had this mentality, so is conforming to what the team says really going to make you a better racer. Granted it may help you keep your job, but people respect when you go out and do your best. It's just a shame that these modern guys have lost their souls to the point that rules have to be put in place to help return them. Do you think Juan Manuel Fangio would have pulled over and let Michael Schumacher drive by? What about Gilles Villeneuve? No chance in hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts