Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am considering purchasing a 2016 Cali T. The original model has no shield. The previous owner had an official shield installed but obviously, it's not embedded. I am wondering if this affects the value of the car now and when and sell it in the future.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I imagine they could be used for price negotiations since they are not factory installed.
If you like the look, keep them and you could remove them when/if you sell.
As I'm sure you are aware, Shields are a hot topic with Ferrari Folks.

Good luck with your quest, 2016 Cali is a nice choice.

Ed

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Shields became almost standard about 12 years ago. Many, as mentioned, are against any shield for a non race authentic vehicle and Ferrari had only a few of those.

I consider it perfectly ok for the marquee and wonder why someone balked at that ad on. It should be discounted in price and if not a factory mount then should not even be presented! That does not sound like a true dealer to me, beware of quality representation: get a PPI.
The only mass produced shields I knew were Yoshi, very ok, or Baccarat. I've owned both. Sold them as well. The latter to a Queen's guard whom was a co driver of her horse carriage and owned a 348. Yoshi's are better. Thinner, and easily installed.
Still have 3 pairs for garage bling.
I suspect your example is like these, a stick on. If not metal it is garbage and needs removal: [email protected] quality and downgrades the entire expression.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shields became almost standard about 12 years ago. Many, as mentioned, are against any shield for a non race authentic vehicle and Ferrari had only a few of those.

I consider it perfectly ok for the marquee and wonder why someone balked at that ad on. It should be discounted in price and if not a factory mount then should not even be presented! That does not sound like a true dealer to me, beware of quality representation: get a PPI.
The only mass produced shields I knew were Yoshi, very ok, or Baccarat. I've owned both. Sold them as well. The latter to a Queen's guard whom was a co driver of her horse carriage and owned a 348. Yoshi's are better. Thinner, and easily installed.
Still have 3 pairs for garage bling.
I suspect your example is like these, a stick on. If not metal it is garbage and needs removal: [email protected] quality and downgrades the entire expression.
My 599 does not have shields. I know the original owner and salesman who helped pick the options on the car. The shields can always be added later and should have absolutely no impact on price.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Um no.
My 599 has fender indents.
IF, by later you intend to remove the side wall fenders and properly install then ok. But, it's a non-factory modification and IMO 'ok'. But be prepared to justify the experience to the snobs or someone who purchases you design.
Personally, I like the bling as part of the heritage but many would throw stones at you.
Add on shields can be done ok but not the same as true ordered installed.
Without and I have a shot with yoshi

Reactions: eddevine
1 - 6 of 6 Posts